Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US M-1 sporting a Frogskin camo cover

Article about: Salty Korean War era US M-1 helmet by McCord Radiator with a Firestone P-55 liner.. It is sporting a 1953 dated green dapple or spot design camouflage cover reversing to a tan/brown variatio

?

Default US M-1 sporting a Frogskin camo cover

Salty Korean War era US M-1 helmet by McCord Radiator with a Firestone P-55 liner..
    It is sporting a 1953 dated green dapple or spot design camouflage cover reversing to a tan/brown variation,
    Nicknamed “frogskin” by many GIs, the pattern consists of a five color green dominant “jungle” camouflage pattern printed on one side, with a three color brown dominant “beach” pattern printed on the opposite side.
    This particular cover was manufactured by Blue Anchor and has been nicely stamped with dual EGA's as can be seen in the images below..

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M-1 sporting a Frogskin camo cover   US M-1 sporting a Frogskin camo cover  

US M-1 sporting a Frogskin camo cover   US M-1 sporting a Frogskin camo cover  

Attached Images Attached Images US M-1 sporting a Frogskin camo cover 

Very nice Mark, good to see a 50's example

Always wanted one of these covers, but never felt like paying the price most people were asking! Guess I'll wait for that special deal that fate hopefully has in store for me..

?

Nice Devil Dog helmet Camo cover.

Great addition!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Two thumps up Mark. Nice example that was nicely written and good looking pictures to highlight a nice lid.

Congratulations,
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Cheers gents one that came to me through a helmet trade a few months back was really pleased to add this example to my shelf another gap filled in my humble helmet collection..

Regards Mark

Nice helmet , as you know this is the 1953 pattern of the frogskin cover, as they where made and adopted in 1953 they would not have seen action in Korea as they wouldn’t have hit the front lines in time but they did see action throughout Vietnam.

Once again congrats on a nice piece

?

Very Nice !

?

Nice solid Korean War set

Hello, I think a little late for the Korean War.
    The USMC cover is manufactured by BLUE ANCHOR OVERALL Co. Inc.
    I think April 29, 1953 is the contract date, not the production date.
    Would fit so well on a Vietnam display.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast