Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

US M1 Camo with flying fish logo

Article about: Hi all, have come across this WW2 M1 helmet and have no idea what it could be, nice camo with purposeful flying fish logo, has anyone ever seen this before?? thanks Mark

?

Default US M1 Camo with flying fish logo

Hi all, have come across this WW2 M1 helmet and have no idea what it could be, nice camo with purposeful flying fish logo, has anyone ever seen this before??
    thanks
    Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M1 Camo with flying fish logo  

Default Re: US M1 Camo with flying fish logo

Its an interesting one, looks like it has a Hawley liner to! So the lid has a good chance of being a fixed bale.
    I will be watching to see if anyone comes up with an answer. It beats me.
    Regards
    Rod

?

Never seen an insignia like that before - perhaps it's PBY related.

Should be rod as it has the raised brass buckle which is only found on Fixed Bales unless a replacement,nice unusual lid a good talking point indeed,regards minnie.

Minnie has it right with the buckles, and bales being fixed. I don't know about the insignia, but I like the looks of the lid and think relicz might be onto something with the Navy idea. Would love to see more of the lid and liner, any chance of it?

?

Now that looks interesting. I would also like to see more pics, and to have any more info you may have on this one.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Well spotted Dave with the chin strap.
    Hi Andy long time no hear, feeling better now I hope
    I don’t think this has anything to do with this helmet but you never know!
    Thought I would share just in case.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Flying_Fish_(SS-229)
    Apparently submariners were issued M1s.
    So this is helmet made around 1941/42 and a submarine made in 1941? And there must have been a lot of boring hours on that tub.
    Of course it could be just another con helmet. I wish there was some way to date paint.
    Regards
    Rod

?

This helmet is at auction and all I can go on is the image, estimate $60-$100AUD, so it looks curious, I don't think it is a folly or fake, have placed $150 on it so will see what happens. American helmets are not my area or expertise, anyone have an opinion of value for this lid, it original WW2,
    thanks Mark.

Go for it! if it is a complete Hawley and fixed bale its probably worth at least 500 US dollars. So if it was me, I would be taking a gamble on $150 with no problem. And the camo ect could be a bonus.
    You could land lucky
    Please let us know how you got on
    Regards
    Rod

?

Very interesting Lid. I wish there were more pics of it. Hope you win it!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast