Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

US M1 Fixed Bail and Front Seam Helmet

Article about: Hi, I have recently acquired this helmet. I am trying to figure out as much as possible (I know very little about M1 helmets). I believe it is a fixed bail/front seam helmet. However, I am s

Default US M1 Fixed Bail and Front Seam Helmet

Hi,

I have recently acquired this helmet. I am trying to figure out as much as possible (I know very little about M1 helmets). I believe it is a fixed bail/front seam helmet. However, I am struggling to figure out the time period production of the liner. I can't find the manufacturer stamp (Supposed to be on the inside of the helmet in the crown, but I can't find anything there). I know it's a "high pressure", but that is about it. Is it WW2 or Korea era?

Thanks,
    Phil

US M1 Fixed Bail and Front Seam HelmetUS M1 Fixed Bail and Front Seam HelmetUS M1 Fixed Bail and Front Seam HelmetUS M1 Fixed Bail and Front Seam HelmetUS M1 Fixed Bail and Front Seam HelmetUS M1 Fixed Bail and Front Seam HelmetUS M1 Fixed Bail and Front Seam HelmetUS M1 Fixed Bail and Front Seam Helmet

hello, this is a swivel bale, ww2 helmet pot and late war chinstraps. the paint is hard to tell fromm the photo. the liner is a high pressure later war one, probably 1944-45, and looks in almost unused condition. i can probably get you the date of the pot up to the month it was produced it you tell me the number on the inside rim. it may not be visible.

Front seam swivel bale/bail/loop helmet. Paint could be original but hard to tell from photos. Looks like there is plenty of corking present. The liner looks excellent. Looks to have original paint. You have to look really close at the inside crown of the liner. Some manufacturers had a very light stamp. Try looking outside on a sunny day.
    Good luck. Nice lid.