Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

US M1 Hawley

Article about: by MAP Will do Taka/Jake, but will have to wait till this afternoon. Easter Sunday today and on my way to Church now. I think mine is Hawley, I looked for the stamp and didn't see it yesterd

MAP
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Will do Taka/Jake, but will have to wait till this afternoon. Easter Sunday today and on my way to Church now.

I think mine is Hawley, I looked for the stamp and didn't see it yesterday...but will look again....
    Here are the pics of the liner. No marks from what I can see.

Michael

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1675.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	320.7 KB 
ID:	678764Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1676.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	338.0 KB 
ID:	678765Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1677.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	324.6 KB 
ID:	678766Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1678.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	328.5 KB 
ID:	678767Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1679.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	347.4 KB 
ID:	678768Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1680.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	347.9 KB 
ID:	678769
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you for the photos, Michael.

It isn't a big matter if there is no markings, the important thing is that you got yourself a great, original liner!

Cheers!
    Taka

MAP
    ?

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    Thank you for the photos, Michael.

It isn't a big matter if there is no markings, the important thing is that you got yourself a great, original liner!

Cheers!
    Taka
    thanks! So now I have 3 M1's, (Marines, Standard Fixed Bale and the Hawley). Enough for now!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Michael both you and Taka have great liners,Taka's is a sept 42 produced while yours is one of the very last to be made,late oct/early nov 42,by mid November contracts had expired and of coarse were never renewed,even though there are no visible differances between Hawley and General Fiber in rarity and value the differance is massive,either way I would be happy with these examples...........
    With Regards Jake.

MAP
    ?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Michael both you and Taka have great liners,Taka's is a sept 42 produced while yours is one of the very last to be made,late oct/early nov 42,by mid November contracts had expired and of coarse were never renewed,even though there are no visible differances between Hawley and General Fiber in rarity and value the differance is massive,either way I would be happy with these examples...........
    Jake,

excellent background information and will be put in my book (I write up a paragraph on each item I own so some day my kids will learn.......)

Thanks!

Michael

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123