Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

US m1 helmet

Article about: inside the helmet. looks like it have bin painted.

?

Question US m1 helmet

Anybody know what the AP and K-9 is? The helmet have bin found in France. Inside the plastic helmet it is stamped23d and Westinghouse Electric Corporation brand.

-Preben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US m1 helmet   US m1 helmet  

US m1 helmet   US m1 helmet  

US m1 helmet  

ian
    ?

Default Re: US m1 helmet

K-9 probably a dog handler ???? just a thought cheers ian

ap associated press perhaps??

I believe the AP may stand for Air Police. Here is a link to a page for a unit designated 50th AP K9 which was stationed in Germany from 1953 to the early 80's. Hahn Air Base, West Germany, Home of The 50th AP K-9 Section!

?

thanks for the responses will try to find out more.
    Since the steel helmet was a Parachute helmet

A paratrooper helmet? What made it such?

?

the man who soldit to me said it was a parachute helmet. but its my first helmet so i dident know what to look for. i can take som more pic of it.

Please take some photos of the steel pot. It might help a bit more in ID'ing this one. That is, if the liner and pot were both together originally. That is harder or impossible to tell though. Can you see any maker marks inside your liner that you have shown here?

?

new Pic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US m1 helmet   US m1 helmet  

US m1 helmet  

Can you see if it is a front seam? That is does the band around the rim end up in a slight split in front or in back? A close up clear shot of the visor of the steel helmet will show it unless it is in the rear. Also, the chinstrap is not paratrooper. I think it looks like a fixed bale. You appear to have a very old early WWII production helmet. Nice. I think we neeed some more expert opinions on this one. I am just barely learning about US M1 helmets myself. I also just noticed that you already described the stamping inside the liner as a Westinghouse. Sorry for missing that. I think you have a nice WWII helmet which may have been reissued later on. I like what I see. Did you pay alot for it?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast