MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Us m1 helmet (pictures for reference)

Article about: Hello all out there,after your great assistance on the SS tunic i thought i would share with anyone interesed these pictures of my swivle bale US M1 HELMET.It retains 99%of it's original dar

Default Us m1 helmet (pictures for reference)

Hello all out there,after your great assistance on the SS tunic i thought i would share with anyone interesed these pictures of my swivle bale US M1 HELMET.It retains 99%of it's original dark green,rough texture paintwork on the shell,but the best bit is that the original GI made a draw tie out of helmet net string on it's netting.This has mean't that the liner( tan canvas westinghouse) has not lost its shape due to the crushing of the net between it and it's shell,and again has retained 99% of it's paintwork. Not bad for a helmet made in 43! Have a good day one and all.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Us m1 helmet (pictures for reference)   Us m1 helmet (pictures for reference)  

Us m1 helmet (pictures for reference)   Us m1 helmet (pictures for reference)  

Us m1 helmet (pictures for reference)   Us m1 helmet (pictures for reference)  

Default Re: Us m1 helmet (pictures for reference)

Nice looking lid.

You don't see these larger nets all that often.........
    Regards,

Steve.

nice, i need to get the net like that

Very nice lid.

?

The helmet and liner look to be in fantastic condition, nice find. Not sure about the net though.

Found a group of three nets a week or so ago, from what I currently know researching them so far, these 2 inch nets were cut from cargo type nets and had no draw strings. If anyone has any info that suggests or proves otherwise please share it here as it would be most appreciated.
    Last edited by relicz; 06-02-2013 at 11:43 PM.
    Regards,
    John