Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US M1 Help required with Markings

Article about: Hi. Here's my my latest post. This M1 (rear seam) has what i suspect to be a USAAF marking on the front, the rear of this lid, has some weird markings too! I believe the markings to be authe

Question US M1 Help required with Markings

Hi.

Here's my my latest post.

This M1 (rear seam) has what i suspect to be a USAAF marking on the front, the rear of this lid, has some weird markings too!

I believe the markings to be authentic( hopefully the pictures are clear enough)

Any help on this would great!!!!!!

Hey... check out the funky liner too.... spongetastic.....

Cheers

gaz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M1 Help required with Markings   US M1 Help required with Markings  

US M1 Help required with Markings   US M1 Help required with Markings  

US M1 Help required with Markings  

?

Default Re: US M1 Help required with Markings

aahhhh i was watching this one on ebay but decided not to go for it

not sure if the markings are authentic but does look good kinda wish i had tried for it

Looks to be a flak gunners helmet but I've never seen that type of liner before also

Quote by NickD View Post
    aahhhh i was watching this one on ebay but decided not to go for it

not sure if the markings are authentic but does look good kinda wish i had tried for it
    Hi Nick,

Yeah, i watched it for while ,and then thought , ah go for it ...might turn out to be front seam or my latest obsession M1's with that cool "S" in it....... to be honest as soon as it turned up.. out came the wet n dry , to find a heat stamp... phew i found it...

Cost way more than i wanted to pay though!!!

Two M1's turned up today, i will put the other on to show ya, the other's a front seam with firestone liner......again cost a bl***y fortune... oh god , my poor bank balance

Cheers mate.

Gaz

Quote by theotherhomer View Post
    Looks to be a flak gunners helmet but I've never seen that type of liner before also
    Hi Mate,

Thanks, hopefully you're right, that'll be cool if it is......

I think i will remove the " spongetastic" liner in time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
    Gaz

The insignia to the front is postwar US Air Force rank of AIRMAN FIRST CLASS.

The "liner" I think is simply something made up by someone to enable it to be worn, fancy dress or the like.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The insignia to the front is postwar US Air Force rank of AIRMAN FIRST CLASS.

The "liner" I think is simply something made up by someone to enable it to be worn, fancy dress or the like.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade,

Thanks mate, that's very useful info on the rank , i know it's hard to tell the authenticity by the pic's, but did they mark these lid's like this during that era???

Cheers

Gaz

I have some more important info regarding this lid..........

I can just about make out a name in the liner...... i think it reads....mmm.....
    hang on ... it's hard to see.... No , wait i can it.......it says .......mmm....

SPONGE BOB SQUARE PANTS

Darn, i Knew this liner was'nt real......

When the US Air Force evolved from the USAAF in 1947, they introduced new rank insignia. So you will see WW2 era helmets etc with the new insignia on them. I have seen rank insignia on helmets in the past.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    When the US Air Force evolved from the USAAF in 1947, they introduced new rank insignia. So you will see WW2 era helmets etc with the new insignia on them. I have seen rank insignia on helmets in the past.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade,

Cheers mate, again thanks, do you know of any websites with more info, on these US Airforce markings?
    This helmet has got me real curious!
    Cheers
    Gaz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast