Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

US m1 korea /vietnam era?(erotic artwork!!)

Article about: Here,goes!!!

Default Re: US m1 korea /vietnam era?(erotic artwork!!)

Here,goes!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	l 003.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	182.5 KB 
ID:	374219  

NCA
    ?

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    I am certainly not going to argue with Mr Renosa!
    I had always thought it was the other way, but if the date is around the Capac cross then I should have realised it was a Capac refurb/manufacture. Funny how I get these little inacuracies stuck in my head sometimes.
    With these I have always believed that the refurbed ones do not have the Micarta marks, while the 1950's produced ones do. Is this correct?

Best Regards,

Andy
    That makes sense that Capac refurbished earlier ww2 liners in the 50's while westinghouse were also in production making the micarta marked liners.Theres a whole paragraph about this in 'the book' but with my sausage fingers it would take all night to type it on here!The various companies had to come up with a way of marking their work, Capac with their logo and 51, 52, 53 ect..Westinghouse with that little paper square moulded in.

I am glad you guys know all about it!! I am a bit out of the loop on these US lids!!Thanks again,

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    I am glad you guys know all about it!! I am a bit out of the loop on these US lids!!Thanks again,
    Sorry about going off on a tangent FALLSSCHIRMJAGER, it's a nice lid, as mentioned it is a WW2 swivel bail steel pot because the seam is in the front. The chinstraps were added later, and the liner is made by Capac in 1952/53. It has a Westinghouse stamp, (the W) because original Westinghouse molds were sold or leased to Capac to help with the production of helmets for the Korean conflict. Westinghouse also produced liners at that time , and they would usually have a separate mark on them (not usually in the dome though) which reads Micarta. Micarta is a sub division of Westinghouse.
    Also, as far as I know, some original WW2 Westinghouse shells/liners were refurbished by Capac too. Mostly all of the "Korean" made/refurbed liners will have the much darker "OD7" webbing like yours.
    Then of course there are the Inland stamped liners with a Firestone over stamp.................

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Brilliant information,thanks for all your help guys,much obliged

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12