Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

US M1 - Rear Seam - Naval Supply Center - Pearl Harbor

Article about: Here is one I have had for at least 15 years. These pop up from time to time in Hawaii, and a buddy of mine picked up 2 from a contact of his on the islands. After some serious begging on my

Default US M1 - Rear Seam - Naval Supply Center - Pearl Harbor

Here is one I have had for at least 15 years. These pop up from time to time in Hawaii, and a buddy of mine picked up 2 from a contact of his on the islands. After some serious begging on my part he parted with this one. It is a rear seam pot, and although almost mint it was issued, to a Sailor named "Charette". As was the usual practice when affixing decals to these M1's, Mr. Charette scraped the cork off of the front of the pot to facilitate the adherence of the decal to the shell. The shell has sewn on OD straps with black steel hardware. The liner is complete and unpainted. All in all an interesting piece. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M1 - Rear Seam - Naval Supply Center - Pearl Harbor   US M1 - Rear Seam - Naval Supply Center - Pearl Harbor  

US M1 - Rear Seam - Naval Supply Center - Pearl Harbor   US M1 - Rear Seam - Naval Supply Center - Pearl Harbor  

US M1 - Rear Seam - Naval Supply Center - Pearl Harbor   US M1 - Rear Seam - Naval Supply Center - Pearl Harbor  

US M1 - Rear Seam - Naval Supply Center - Pearl Harbor  

What a cracking Helmet Jim.typical heavy corking associated with late war Schlueter pots,that is one of the last ever made as i've never seen them above the 550 mark,so july/august 45,luv the paintless liner too,overall a top shelf looker,thanks for showing another one of your awesome lids..........

As above a cracker, Thanks for showing