Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

US M1 Westinghouse liner

Article about: Hi, just bought this liner. According to seller its a westing house but hasnt provided photos of the stamp. Its not in the best condition but was very cheap. Cheers. Nuno

Default US M1 Westinghouse liner

Hi, just bought this liner.
    According to seller its a westing house but hasnt provided photos of the stamp.
    Its not in the best condition but was very cheap.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M1 Westinghouse liner   US M1 Westinghouse liner  

US M1 Westinghouse liner   US M1 Westinghouse liner  

US M1 Westinghouse liner  

Default Re: US M1 Westinghouse liner

What could the orange painted stripe mean?
    Has the look of military police but its the wrong color.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

a very salty WW2 liner i have no clue about the stripe maybe a training thing ???

Quote by NickD View Post
    a very salty WW2 liner i have no clue about the stripe maybe a training thing ???
    Me neather Nick, i have found no information about this type of orange stripe.

Hi, the liner has arrived but still have found no information about the liner paint.
    The liner in inside helmet.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M1 Westinghouse liner   US M1 Westinghouse liner  

US M1 Westinghouse liner  

?

Nuno, I have just seen a helmet painted exactly the same as your liner, it was being worn by an NCO who was directing troops as they were embarking on a landing craft from the beach in the PTO. He was directing them through a loudhailer. It was on one of those ww2 "lost" film shows on the history channel, and was in colour. Could it be some kind of beach party designation, like the white bands worn on helmets on D-Day perhaps?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Nuno, I have just seen a helmet painted exactly the same as your liner, it was being worn by an NCO who was directing troops as they were embarking on a landing craft from the beach in the PTO. He was directing them through a loudhailer. It was on one of those ww2 "lost" film shows on the history channel, and was in colour. Could it be some kind of beach party designation, like the white bands worn on helmets on D-Day perhaps?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Hi Andy, can you post a link to the video?
    I would love to see.
    Its possible.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

Sorry Nuno, it was a TV programme on the History Channel. I think it was called "Lost WW2 Films" or something like that.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Sorry Nuno, it was a TV programme on the History Channel. I think it was called "Lost WW2 Films" or something like that.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Hi Andy, no problem.
    Yesterday i watched some episodes of ww2 lost films and i spoted that.
    But it was on the helmet.
    So i wonder if the helmet that originally had my liner, was also painted orange?
    And if it was indeed used for that.
    Cheers.
    Nuno