MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US made helmet?

Article about: Sorry to encroach on the M1 forum but I guessed you guys would know what this helmet is. American? Post war? Use? Thanks.

?

Default US made helmet?

Sorry to encroach on the M1 forum but I guessed you guys would know what this helmet is.
    American?
    Post war?
    Use?
    Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US made helmet?   US made helmet?  

Private purchase maybe?certainly nothing US postwar related,any stamp markings?couldn't see any in the pics...................

Somehow it doesn't look military but for the colour. At a complete guess could DPW be Department of Public Works?

Regards

Mark

?

The longer overlapping rim seam weld is a sure sign of being British made. American made helmets had less of an overlap.

?

Ok, thanks for the reply's so far.

Off the top of me head that centre pad looks crudely made,very similar to the type produced by India and fitted to mk1's.............

Tinlid, I am looking at the same helmet and was wondering the same thing, its British by the looks of it but like you said the d.p.w. is throwing me off too, still a cool helmet tho if you can get it cheap go for it

Probably an old version of a Hard Hat used by the Dept of Public Works.
    I would say not military.

Its a commercial/civil protective Acme Helmet from the 1920's?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US made helmet?   US made helmet?  

US made helmet?   US made helmet?  

US made helmet?  

?

Thanks Jake, great help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast