Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US Navy M-1 Helmet

Article about: Hi, Annoyed from this ads?   This M-1 helmet belongs to a friend and he ask me to post it here to have some opinions about it. And He has the questions bellow: - Is it a genuine WWII U.

R.R
    ?

Default US Navy M-1 Helmet

Hi,

This M-1 helmet belongs to a friend and he ask me to post it here to have some opinions about it. And He has the questions bellow:

- Is it a genuine WWII U.S. Navy helmet?

- The "LANGLEY" name at liner was period painted and means this helmet was used at CV-01 USS Langley or another WWII unit with the same name?

- Liner neck strap is marked as below, one idea what it means?

W189 QM39940
    S.M.C. SIZE 5

US Navy M-1 Helmet

US Navy M-1 Helmet

US Navy M-1 Helmet

US Navy M-1 Helmet

US Navy M-1 Helmet

US Navy M-1 Helmet

US Navy M-1 Helmet

US Navy M-1 Helmet

US Navy M-1 Helmet

US Navy M-1 Helmet

Best Regards,

Ricardo
    Last edited by R.R; 10-09-2014 at 10:22 PM.

Hello friend! You have a nice helmet there!

The front seams helmets were produced between April 1941 and November 1944...
    And the fixed bale ones were produced between April 1941 and October 1943...

So your helmet was produced sometime between 1941 and 1943!!

Now for the name i don't have a clue but other guys will help you soon my friend!!!

?

Very "salty" ( excuse the pun!) M1, it has all the features of a USN helmet, meaning the amount of rust and general wear and tear is indicative of a Navy used M1, personally I really like the condition of this helmet as it presents a well used M1, thanks for showing.

I am sure Jake will be able to add more specific details on this example.

Lightbulb

Hi Gents
    First let me tell you than it is my first post,happy to be here to learn so much about MILITARIA from your comments.
    Well here I go:I,m the owner of this salty navy posted here from my friend Ricardo.
    I need any experts comment to me if the dark blue paint than you see in my shell was used in US navy WW2 cause someone told me than WW2 M-1,s, from navy did use light blue or light grey and no dark blue and in WW2 navy shells it would be match the colour inside and outside and mine inside is OD green.

Thanks in advance for your help in advance

Fernando

Quote by Velasco View Post
    Hi Gents
    First let me tell you than it is my first post,happy to be here to learn so much about MILITARIA from your comments.
    Well here I go:I,m the owner of this salty navy posted here from my friend Ricardo.
    I need any experts comment to me if the dark blue paint than you see in my shell was used in US navy WW2 cause someone told me than WW2 M-1,s, from navy did use light blue or light grey and no dark blue and in WW2 navy shells it would be match the colour inside and outside and mine inside is OD green.

Thanks in advance for your help in advance

Fernando
    hello, i have seen many examples of navy lids from world war 2 that have been painted dark blue. the navy helmets were all issued in the same color green as the the other branches so there was no one shade of blue the helmets were painted. they basically used whatever they had around. It looks like it is the only coat of paint so it seems original and looks good to me, and it has a nice original liner also. nice helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Navy M-1 Helmet  
    Attached Images Attached Images US Navy M-1 Helmet 

I agree with Patches here's three of mine as a comparison The M1 on the right has the original green inside