Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

The US Pressed Fiber Sun Helmet

Article about: Not seeing many of these around so here's two I have, one from the Vietnam war period & a 1941 (missing chin strap) Under rated as these out lasted the M1's service period

Default The US Pressed Fiber Sun Helmet

Not seeing many of these around so here's two I have, one from the Vietnam war period & a 1941 (missing chin strap)
    Under rated as these out lasted the M1's service period

Very nice very under rated collectible Headgear. BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

MAP
    ?

Nice set Rene.......

I pick up one a few years back at a show. Bought it as WW2...but upon closer inspection I misread the date.... . Thought it said 1943.....but it was 1948!

Still, it's named to a Master Sgt!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nice set Rene.......

I pick up one a few years back at a show. Bought it as WW2...but upon closer inspection I misread the date.... . Thought it said 1943.....but it was 1948!

Still, it's named to a Master Sgt!
    Still have it? whack it up if ya do Mate

MAP
    ?

Named to Paul Riddle, Master Sgt Infantry. RN # 42039650 from Bronx NY. Recalled to Active Duty who had been transferred to the ERC. Re-enlisted March 25, 1946. Born 1925.

It looked like 1943 at the show but the moment I got home I realized I made an error.

Didn't have any photos so just took these quickly.

EGA is unmarked

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Here is the example I have. It belonged to a Marine friend of mine who was with F Company 2nd Battalion 7th Marines at the Chosin Reservoir in Korea.. I will have to get the helmet back out to check the date but the EGA is a JR Gaunt from London..

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The US Pressed Fiber Sun Helmet   The US Pressed Fiber Sun Helmet  

The US Pressed Fiber Sun Helmet   The US Pressed Fiber Sun Helmet  

The US Pressed Fiber Sun Helmet   The US Pressed Fiber Sun Helmet  

Attached Images Attached Images The US Pressed Fiber Sun Helmet  The US Pressed Fiber Sun Helmet 

Ripper Fellas really nice to see Thank You Smitty & Michael