Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Us swivel bail!

Article about: Hi Ive had this helmet for a while how much do you think its worth? Its front seam and in very good condition! Thanks! - Nick K

Default Us swivel bail!

Hi Ive had this helmet for a while how much do you think its worth? Its front seam and in very good condition! Thanks! - Nick K

Us swivel bail!Us swivel bail!Us swivel bail!

Default Re: Us swivel bail!

Does it have a liner? Walkwolf trying to PM you but you are full! I would say around 50 to 75 maybe

A nice one with it's original chinstraps..............!

Not sure of current prices for US M1 lids, but prices seem to be soaring these days.
    They run the whole gamut due to condition, markings, completeness, etc.
    ( Ones that were serviceable crossed-over into the Korean War too)
    I used to be able to buy these shells at army surplus stores
    not too long ago for $20 !

I sometimes 'watch' M1 helmets on ebay. There are many there, and you
    might find one similar to yours and see what it ends up selling for.
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Teutonicknights View Post
    Does it have a liner? Walkwolf trying to PM you but you are full! I would say around 50 to 75 maybe
    I just dumped a load of old PM's.............
    Regards,

Steve.

Ok thanks for the help Ill check it out and my PM inbox is now clear! lol - Nick K

Can you post a pic of the red emblem on the front... or is that just a smudge?

Also, is there a heat stamp marking inside the helmet?

No thats some kind of decal drawn on I think. I will tomorrow and the heat number is either 902E or 902F and that thing on the front is a black square and in the middle a N overlapping an S. - Nick K

I would say 40 to 70 dollars. depends how you sell it. Ebay will give you sort of idea, as walkwolf said. I can find front seams from time to time for $40 localy, internet can probablly get you a few extra dallors for it.

I've been watching M-1s pretty close on Ebay lately. A Front Seamed McCord with a good chin strap (no liner) will, at a minimum, fetch you $50 and go on up to &70-$80 if shell is solid, no stress cracks, dings, dents, missing paint and solid texture. If "S" stamped add another $20-40 for a real clean lind. I just sold a pretty clean McCord, with no strap and a dent in the crown for $30 to give you an idea.

Ok Thanks for the help. - Nick K