Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US veitnam era M1,s

Article about: just thought i would post my m1 for veiwing. there been some intrest lately on the site in these helmets. i like this helmet i think its complete untouched. since the veitnam war. but the li

Default US veitnam era M1,s

just thought i would post my m1 for veiwing. there been some intrest lately on the site in these helmets. i like this helmet i think its complete untouched. since the veitnam war. but the lid is ww2 with a new layer of paint on it and post war bales and chin strap the dings in the top of the steel shell seem tho macth the stiching in the cover. the cover is dated 68. its missing the nape. can not see the heat stamp paint to thick. but theres a number on the inside of the sweat band 438-84-7465 0r could be 7466. in side the liner is US 73. thanks for looking comments are more them wellcomb.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US veitnam era M1,s   US veitnam era M1,s  

US veitnam era M1,s   US veitnam era M1,s  

Default Re: US veitnam era M1

this next m1 the liner is dated 1953 from what i think is a air born or para m1 the shell is ww2 front seam but re painted post war. but dont think this cover spent all of its life on this helmet. from what i can see the cover is dated 74. all i can see with the heat stamp on the shell is 74. the liner stamp is the cross with capac both ways and above that a w.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US veitnam era M1,s   US veitnam era M1,s  

US veitnam era M1,s  

Default Re: US veitnam era M1,s

from what i have seen this is a australian m1 but im not shore how to date this i know they were used right throw to the 90s. but if someone nows more on this fell free to coment. thank you.

?

You've got a nice double stamped liner, Westinghouse and Capac dated 51. I'm thinking Korean War era A/B production. "Rigger" A yokes? Not sure about those, a bit out of my area, I'm sure somebody will confirm.
    Overpaint and chinstrap refurb for Vietnam or later reissue by the looks.

Best Regards,

Andy

US veitnam era M1,s

now this cover i found it had all the writing on it. to me i dont think it would have been done at the time somone has tryed to dress this up after watching a movie but i could be wrong. i have yet to see a period done cover. there just is not much fadeing in the texter.

US veitnam era M1,s  

thank you for the info andy. yea the paint looks new there is a few dings on the lid but have been paited over.

?

Quote by geelong View Post
    now this cover i found it had all the writing on it. to me i dont think it would have been done at the time somone has tryed to dress this up after watching a movie but i could be wrong. i have yet to see a period done cover. there just is not much fadeing in the texter.
    I think it looks a little new too!

Andy

i also would like to say veitnam era and some post war m1s do still make a great additons to head gear collections.

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    I think it looks a little new too!

Andy
    yea the chin straps on the shell do not look to be very worn compared to the liner. and they are a lighter green

Nice lids geegee oh the infamous korean capac para- liner never quite sure about these,there always a tuff one to call,still good to the eye thou.....Jake.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast