Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

US VIETAM HELMET 65 bucks?

Article about: I had a complete set of web gear and a couple of Alice rucks until we got hit with the flood of 2006. My helmets made it through ok, but the rest of the stuff was a total loss.

Default Re: US VIETAM HELMET 65 bucks?

I had a complete set of web gear and a couple of Alice rucks until we got hit with the flood of 2006. My helmets made it through ok, but the rest of the stuff was a total loss.

Quote by crazy horse View Post
    thanks Finn, but I will just stick with the one I paid 9 bucks for.
    No kidding, i think that your on the top of the list for 9 bucks

Regards,
    Finn

Quote by Rommel1942 View Post
    No kidding, i think that your on the top of the list for 9 bucks

Regards,
    Finn
    thanks, I was happy, he had another for 11.95, I asked him why, he told me he put sawdust on it & painted it, wish the wife had let me snag it also, oh well you know how that goes.I didnt have any extra liners anyway, guess I could have bought one on ebay

regards Marty

11.95, eh? wouldn't have done too bad getting that either, but i guess you can be happy with the one for 9 bucks

Regards,
    Finn

11.95, eh? wouldn't have done too bad getting that either, but i guess you can be happy with the one for 9 bucks

Regards,
    Finn
    hey Finn, man look on ebay, under helmets, he has some more, he must have bought a government surplus thing, , but he has 1or 2 more 9.00 ones & the 11.95 with the sawdust & cork added on , then he has 2 helmets for I think 19.95, no liners, then he has another for 29.95 with the net, I can't remember if it has a liner, but I don't think so, then he said , if you buy the three, one is free & some deal on shipping, I'm out of liners, but I have 3 U.S. helmets now, right now I am on a rip trying to buy a nice ww2 British brodie helmet, don't have one yet & want this one, I had it for 19.99 but somebody drove the bid up, but I'm going after it. oh the u.s. helmets I think are all rear seam, just letting you know. take care. Marty

Quote by crazy horse View Post
    hey Finn, man look on ebay, under helmets, he has some more, he must have bought a government surplus thing, , but he has 1or 2 more 9.00 ones & the 11.95 with the sawdust & cork added on , then he has 2 helmets for I think 19.95, no liners, then he has another for 29.95 with the net, I can't remember if it has a liner, but I don't think so, then he said , if you buy the three, one is free & some deal on shipping, I'm out of liners, but I have 3 U.S. helmets now, right now I am on a rip trying to buy a nice ww2 British brodie helmet, don't have one yet & want this one, I had it for 19.99 but somebody drove the bid up, but I'm going after it. oh the u.s. helmets I think are all rear seam, just letting you know. take care. Marty
    Yeah no kidding, if he's selling more helmets that cheap then he must have gotten some special deal on them. Ill take a look. Thanks

Hope you get your brodie!

Regards,
    Finn

Yeah no kidding, if he's selling more helmets that cheap then he must have gotten some special deal on them. Ill take a look. Thanks

Hope you get your brodie!

Regards,
    Finn
    hey , I couldnt get through last night, got the British lid, it is sweet, now I have that to add with my g.i. pots & my German helmet, so happy to get a nice turtle. did you get one of those m-1 u.s. pots, I bet he found a surplus sale, because we were still using those in the navy after the army switched to those kevlar lumps. take care Marty.

?

Hey.
    This is my Grandads helmet from veitnam.
    He was in the N.Z S.A.S.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05894.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	157355   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05890.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	157354  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05892.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	196.0 KB 
ID:	157358   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05895.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	157361  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05897.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	141.3 KB 
ID:	157364  

?

the cover on your lid is not Vietnam era but looks to be from a Kevlar helmet which didn't come in to use till the 1980's ??

?

I hope not.
    This is New Zealand S.A.S issue.
    I don't know enough about this style helmet but he could've changed the cover.
    But I don't know why he would write on it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast