Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

US VIETAM HELMET 65 bucks?

Article about: I had a complete set of web gear and a couple of Alice rucks until we got hit with the flood of 2006. My helmets made it through ok, but the rest of the stuff was a total loss.

Default US VIETAM HELMET 65 bucks?

...just need an authority on helmets to tell me if this looks to be an original vietam usmc helmet?....$65....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US VIETAM HELMET 65 bucks?   US VIETAM HELMET 65 bucks?  

Default Re: US VIETAM HELMET 65 bucks?

liner looks like the style used in the Nam,,,helmet shell looks to have he split seam in the back,,sand texture,strap fittings which were adopted late WW II and used through out the Viet Nam conflict,,,now all you need is a VN era helmet cover,,,

no way of knowing if it was used by the USMC? but it looks like a typical VN era M1 helmet, could have been used by Aussies

$65 is more than these normally cost over here, a helmet like that in the US might sell for $25 - $30

...oh ok guys...well i do have a camo cover thats dated 1967...its army not marked USMC though....you think im better off looking to buy one direct from the states?.....this is the average price here in AUS .....

It would depend on your shipping expenses to Australia from the US. I wore this same style helmet up until 1981, so they are still readily available. The camouflage covers we wore in the mid 70's were all Vietnam era style. We switched later in the late 70's as we were issued camo uniforms in the 82nd Airborne Division. I still have a couple of these pots and see them all the time in flea markets in California for as little as 15 dollars complete with liner, straps and cloth cover. If shipping is expensive,you may as well just get the one you showed. It is a good example.

Quote by aussielad View Post
    ...oh ok guys...well i do have a camo cover thats dated 1967...its army not marked USMC though....you think im better off looking to buy one direct from the states?.....this is the average price here in AUS .....
    I would just put the cover you have on it, not an expert, but in NAM, I guess all the jungle would look the same, so you already have a cover & the helmet isn't stamped USMC, it would probably be close, or the same anyway. jmho.

If you like the helmet then you can buy it for $65 if you want, bought mine from korea for about the same price, looked similar to this one.

Regards,
    Finn

Quote by Rommel1942 View Post
    If you like the helmet then you can buy it for $65 if you want, bought mine from korea for about the same price, looked similar to this one.

Regards,
    Finn
    thanks Finn, but I will just stick with the one I paid 9 bucks for.

Back in the mid-80's, you could buy these from the pawn shops around Fort Bragg for around $10.00. I bought a complete kevlar helmet for $40.00 back then, complete with the airborne crash pad and extra straps.

Dusty, that brought back memories. I used to buy lots of stuff at surplus and pawn shops around Fort Bragg in the late 70's. Fayetteville had tons of goodies from vets for sale. I got evrything from assault rifles to North Vietnamese uniform items. Cheap as heck! When I lost TA-50 gear, I would head to the surplus store to replace it as it was cheaper than buying at the clothing sales store on post. I bought an entire set of TA-50 to turn in to CIF when I ETS'd so I could keep all my issued stuff to send home.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast