Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

US Vietnam Paratrooper Helmet

Article about: Wow thanks Dave, that really helped me!! Amazing...! I appreciate your help! by moaning minnie and this seems to be the correct time frame that dates with the shell One question, how do you

Default US Vietnam Paratrooper Helmet

Hello,
    here is my Vietnam Paratrooper Helmet. The Shell is WW2 front seam (I think with original paint).
    Are the chinstraps post vietnam war because of the "P"?

Enjoy!

Greetings
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Vietnam Paratrooper Helmet   US Vietnam Paratrooper Helmet  

US Vietnam Paratrooper Helmet   US Vietnam Paratrooper Helmet  

NCA
    ?

Default Re: US Vietnam Paratrooper Helmet

70's or 80's i reckon.Isnt the liner dated?Usually stamped on the webbing that the headband attaches to.

I canĀ“t read the stamp on the webbing but it is vietnam era

Nice lid.what gives with the two chin-cups?well certainly differant,regards minnie.

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    Nice lid.what gives with the two chin-cups?well certainly differant,regards minnie.
    What do you mean?

Quote by Luxembourg View Post
    What do you mean?
    He means the helmet has the webbing chinstrap as well as having the leather chincup.

Well the leather chin cup was obolished in late 44 when the swivel bale M1C was standardised which had the split webbed chin-cup this remained as standard right through to the mid 80's,regards minnie.

Okay, sorry! Yes it is curious but interesting, because the chinstraps are (like nca) said from 1970?

NCA
    ?

As i understand it, 'p' marked hardware is later than that marked with an anchor.But saying that i've read that p marked was also in use in the 60's!

The "P" stands for "PARISH DIVISION OF THE DANA CORPORATION"primary M1 helmet maker in 1968/69.these chinstraps were only produced for airborne lids not as far as im aware Infantry and this seems to be the correct time frame that dates with the shell,the liner type 2 M1 COMBAT LINER made by either FIRESTONE or MARMAC INDUSTRIES,dates between 1964-1970,Anchor stamped "NORTH&JUDD"chinstraps in steel with mildew inhibitor produced 1965-1967,hope this has helped Dave AKA Minnie.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast