Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

USMC camo cover

Article about: I had this Korean war helmet for some time. It has heat stamp M151A with green buckle chin straps and a Capac liner with green webbing. My concern is the cover because I have heard these are

?

Default USMC camo cover

I had this Korean war helmet for some time. It has heat stamp M151A with green buckle chin straps and a Capac liner with green webbing. My concern is the cover because I have heard these are notoriously copied. There is no stamping on it anywhere. I also believe the camo pattern on the liner is suspect. Can anyone judge by the photos. Also, there are names on both helmets and was wondering if they can be traced. One has James Hoban 239-78-737 and the other is Carl Sain 244-92-627. Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USMC camo cover   USMC camo cover  

USMC camo cover   USMC camo cover  

USMC camo cover  

Its difficult from the pics however as the cover has no natural age to it,and the stitching looks rough,i'm gonna say repro..............

?

Your pictures are to blurry to tell. I need to see close up pictures of the stitching on both sides of the helmet cover. Center seam and edging stitching with a clear shot of the weave of the cloth.
    The liner is a repaint. You can't tell if it is WWII or not without photos of the front and inside liner.

?

The liner is clearly Korean era with the green webbing, front eyelet and Capac 51 in crown. It's the camo paint pattern I'm suspect about especially the brown colors added since I'm sure it wasn't used back then. The cover stitching is the "W" pattern but no Pacman camo patterns on the cover. I guess I can remove the cover and display it as such, possibly sell the cover as a repro.