Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

usmc cover pattern, real or fake?

Article about: so i have never seen this pattern cover but know there are then just one pattern. i has the used look which makes me think it is real, but on the other hand, the stitching on the top in one

Default usmc cover pattern, real or fake?

so i have never seen this pattern cover but know there are then just one pattern. i has the used look which makes me think it is real, but on the other hand, the stitching on the top in one of the photos shows that the stitching may have been messed up or something leading me to beleive maybe fake?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture usmc cover pattern, real or fake?   usmc cover pattern, real or fake?  

?

Default Re: usmc cover pattern, real or fake?

better pics by any chance !!!!

but from the first pic i would say fake

im sorry i didnt read details until after posted, i really dont read the details unless it is almost the end and i am interested. i just assumed it was real because of wear and th price they were askingh was $300. this is a repro that was aged. still do you think they made them in this pattern?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture usmc cover pattern, real or fake?  

?

thats a very good way of getting your self into trouble dont assume its original just because of the look of age or the asking price !!!

& what do you mean about "this type of pattern" ??

well they usually arent this dark and look a little different. do they make the looking like this

?

ive never seen an original that dark i colour.

me either, makes me wonder why they didnt use a more accurate repro instead. they are asking $300 for it

?

because they hope a novice collector will be taken in by it that's how they work

Quote by NickD View Post
    thats a very good way of getting your self into trouble dont assume its original just because of the look of age or the asking price !!!

& what do you mean about "this type of pattern" ??
    That is correct.
    chris

i hate this, they take good military helmets (the helmet pot and liner in this case) and rwepaint and put new straps and webbing on everything.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast