Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

USMC Helmet cover???

Article about: Thank you very much gentlemen,most appreciated one and all!! Leon.

Default USMC Helmet cover???

Hello gentlemen,does this helmet cover stand a chance of being genuine?The stitching appears to be "zig zag" on the sand coloured side and straight on the other,which I believe is the correct method,but I am no expert on these US covers! Any help would be appreciated, thanks , Leon.
    Attached Images Attached Images USMC Helmet cover???  USMC Helmet cover???  USMC Helmet cover???  USMC Helmet cover???  USMC Helmet cover???  USMC Helmet cover??? 

Default Re: USMC Helmet cover???

i think it dose. all the stiching seems to sit in place for me for a ww2 1st pattern cover. the herringbone stiching on the green side seems ok to. and its missing the extra light brown blob on the sand como side too that some fakes have. this cover looks un used too

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...ZjRlMTQ5NjRmOA. have a look at this pfd to. yuengling325 showed me this.

Thanks Geelong,much appreciated. Leon.

I'm not trying to "badger" you US experts,but are there any other opinions as I do not fancy paying "stupid money" for a wrong'un!!! Leon. (P.S, THAT DOES'NT MEAN I AM POO POOING your reply GEELONG!!!!)

Do you have pictures of the stitching over the top on both sides? That would determine if it is real. I am looking for one of these but haven't been lucky enough to find one without a crazy price

Yea I would like to here some more opinions on this cover too. Thanks

Quote by patches3 View Post
    Do you have pictures of the stitching over the top on both sides? That would determine if it is real. I am looking for one of these but haven't been lucky enough to find one without a crazy price
    Hi,this is the only other picture I have on this one, cheers, Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USMC Helmet cover???  

?

looks to be a good 1st pattern cover to me

Yup, its a nice one!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast