Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Usmc helmet cover part ii (got it in the mail today)

Article about: This is the helmet I got from ebay for \\$75. I posted poor ebay pics earlier and people guessed real or not. I got it today. First I will post the ebay pics, then the ones I took today. IMHO

Default Usmc helmet cover part ii (got it in the mail today)

This is the helmet I got from ebay for $75.
    I posted poor ebay pics earlier and people guessed real or not.
    I got it today.
    First I will post the ebay pics, then the ones I took today.
    IMHO it is an authentic WWII first pattern cover - No EGA.
    Any opinions are welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Usmc helmet cover part ii (got it in the mail today)   Usmc helmet cover part ii (got it in the mail today)  

Default Re: Usmc helmet cover part ii (got it in the mail today)

Now here are the pics I took today.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Usmc helmet cover part ii (got it in the mail today)   Usmc helmet cover part ii (got it in the mail today)  

Usmc helmet cover part ii (got it in the mail today)   Usmc helmet cover part ii (got it in the mail today)  

It came with a Rear Seam SB helmet made by McCord 1136J and Westinghouse liner.
    Here are more pics.

Usmc helmet cover part ii (got it in the mail today)   Usmc helmet cover part ii (got it in the mail today)  

Not bad for $75. Nice salty cover.

?

Nice buy.

mate thats realy good for 75$ as i said befor well done. do you think you will get a inner band and nape. you probably pay more for them.

?

He shoots....He scores!

Nice win, congratulations
    Regards,
    John

Thank you for the kind comments. I may get the head band and nape or maybe I will just put the cover on another complete lid and sell this one. Then I could make my money back.
    What do you think the cover is worth in the condition it is in?

I don't know what the cover is worth but if you do think of selling it let me know! Love the helmet and I like the condition of the cover, it has character.

- - Updated - -

I don't know what the cover is worth but if you do think of selling it let me know! Love the helmet and I like the condition of the cover, it has character.

- - Updated - -

- - Updated - -

- - Updated - -

- - Updated - -

- - Updated - -

Although the beach side looks brand new, I decided to display it with the worn jungle side.
    I added a salty head band and chin strap.
    What do you think?
    OR, should I go back to beach side?
    What is cool is that with the Jungle side out and the cover placed on as shown, the tape patterns inside the lid match up to the tape residue on the cover flaps.