Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

USMC helmet cover/veil

Article about: heres some pics i personally dont have one but im always on the look out for one

Default USMC helmet cover/veil

finally managed to pick up one of these 3rd pattern covers ,i took me a few attempts to fit onto my McCord m1 relic the only bonus was the lack of bails meant a closer fit and no cuts in material but im still not completely happy with it,but it looks a great pattern and compliments my parachute camo m1 USMC helmet cover/veilUSMC helmet cover/veilUSMC helmet cover/veilUSMC helmet cover/veilUSMC helmet cover/veilUSMC helmet cover/veilUSMC helmet cover/veil

?

Default Re: USMC helmet cover/veil

try wetting it it'll help it stretch

thanks nick ,i never thought of that ,the cover seems a size too small for the m1 shell

?

they're not really meant to fit with all of the netting hidden but with a little messing with you can hide most of it.

?

now you'll have to one of these versions
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USMC helmet cover/veil   USMC helmet cover/veil  

whats this od version nick, same period or latter

?

to be honest mate im not sure as i cant seem to find a lot of info on the plain OD versions !!

from what ive read a plain od cover was developed and sent to korean but the shipment of 100.000 covers was lost in 1953when the SS Jacob Luckenbach sank after that no other covers were issued before the armistice, after further research it seems the ship sank in the same month as the war ended july ,

?

Ive heard that story as well maybe they were part of that, i don't think Ive ever seen any pictures of this type in use & when ever they've come up for sale they're always unissued never used so maybe they were made but just never issued sitting in stores all this time till they were sold off ?

nick ive heard there are two versions of my cover ,something to do with the HBT fabric colouration ,do you know anything of this and if so do you have the other example cheers james

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast