Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

USMC helmet liner

Article about: To add to my above post, modern EGA's have a smooth anchor point (area circled in red). Those issued between 1937 and 1955 would have definition similar to the bottom point of the anchor on

Default USMC helmet liner

Hello, its been a while but i thought i would post a helmet liner a got for free. It has the globe and anchor pin on the front. It is world war 2 but is missing alot of the liner. I will be getting the nape strap, chinstrap and sweatband but it will never be truly complete. It is firestone. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USMC helmet liner   USMC helmet liner  

Default Re: USMC helmet liner

Maybe it's just the lighting, but the liner looks very dark. Not the shade
    of OD I'm used to seeing on any US liners. I'm guessing the insignia
    is modern - probably within the last 30 or 40 years. Does a helmet
    shell fit correctly with the EGA attached.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi Patches,

the globe and anchor insignia appear to be situated where the grommet hole should be, but looking closely at the interior photo's of your liner I can't see a grommet hole. Is there one? I believe all ww2 era liners had them, but Nick is your best bet and I'm sure he will set you right later.
    Last edited by canti44; 05-09-2013 at 08:24 PM.

?

looks like a WW2 liner to me i can just make out the back of the EGA below the front A washer, does it look like the EGA has been the for a while ? cant really tell from those pics.

TheRe isgrommet hole. The pin front looks original and the back has a new piece. What should be made of? The liner is od3 and i will send a better pic. The linee fits good into a pot with the pin

here are some more pictures for your questions. what do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USMC helmet liner   USMC helmet liner  

USMC helmet liner   USMC helmet liner  

?

i may be completely wrong but the EGA looks like it could be post WW2 may NAM era ??

Tan webbing, black 'A' washer's (?) and a grommet-hole... late-war liner? By-the-way can you identify the maker's stamp?

It is late war firestone

?

Quote by NickD View Post
    i may be completely wrong but the EGA looks like it could be post WW2 may NAM era ??
    I agree with Nick. This is would be a post 1955 EGA. Design is the same as those issued to Marines today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast