Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

USMC m1 helmet and cover

Article about: hello this helmet i got today. front seam fixed bale, stamped raised bar brass buckle. heat stamp is very light all i can make out is 49..A or 494A. looks to be cork paint. The liner is made

Default USMC m1 helmet and cover

hello this helmet i got today.
    front seam fixed bale, stamped raised bar brass buckle. heat stamp is very light all i can make out is 49..A or 494A. looks to be cork paint.
    The liner is made by firestone. green A washers. and a badge or bar in front. so with the helmet and liner everything tells me ww2 mid late war made.
    the cover all looks good to me with all the right stiching both sides, and from what the stiching tells me first pattern ww2 cover.
    but this cover has a EGA patch on both sides a later version EGA stamp placeing the patch late 50s maybe.
    i would just like to ask if anyone knows anything about these pacthes thanks. i have not been able to find much. but im watching a veitnam doco at the moment that i watched a while ago and i think i seen a usmc man whearing the same style pactch and a 1st pattern cover. but any help would be great thanks mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USMC m1 helmet and cover   USMC m1 helmet and cover  

USMC m1 helmet and cover   USMC m1 helmet and cover  

Default Re: USMC m1 helmet and cover

liner stamp and heat stamp
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USMC m1 helmet and cover   USMC m1 helmet and cover  

Nice camo cover - I really like it - congrats. NickD will be able to tell you
    more about it. ( The gold bar is for Second Lieutenant......... )
    Regards,

Steve.

thanks walkwolf. just been doing a bit more reserch and there was a USMC magazine called leather necks and in the 1956 pubulcation it says about the dimond ega patch for USMC helmet covers. so the patch must date from around that time. and some micthel pattern covers had them too. found this thanks to the US militaria forum.

?

very nice cover im hoping that I'll catch one of that type with the EGA patch to add to my collection at some point

thank you nickd. and i think these covers with the dimond patch where used in veitnam war to

Quote by NickD View Post
    very nice cover im hoping that I'll catch one of that type with the EGA patch to add to my collection at some point
    thanks. well for me now nickd, is to get the same cover as this one but with out the patch. or a ww2 2nd or 3rd pattern cover.

this fotage taken at hill 937 veitnam 1969 maybe. but this cover looks like a 2nd or 3rd pattern