Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

USN Talkers Helmet WW2

Article about: Great helmets guys. As I've never handled one of these, is the padding removable? Doesn't seem to be... And what is it made of? I have an M1 with a similar chinstrap to the one used on these

?

Default Re: USN Talkers Helmet WW2

Great helmets guys. As I've never handled one of these, is the padding removable? Doesn't seem to be... And what is it made of?

I have an M1 with a similar chinstrap to the one used on these helmets coming in, and now I have some detailed reference photos to compare if the chinstrap came off a Talker.

Cheers,
    Nitram

Quote by Nitram View Post
    Great helmets guys. As I've never handled one of these, is the padding removable? Doesn't seem to be... And what is it made of?

I have an M1 with a similar chinstrap to the one used on these helmets coming in, and now I have some detailed reference photos to compare if the chinstrap came off a Talker.

Cheers,
    Nitram
    The padding is not removable.
    chris

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Whoa really!!! I did struggle to find the the chin cup, but it was cheap $20 from a gun dealer in the US via Auction arms Gun Auctions & Guns For Sale at GunAuction.com 8 years ago
    The helmet cost a whopping $30 and there where 2 at the time (should have bought the second) at an old second hand shop in the hills down here.
    Interresting website.
    chris

the Talker helmet looks nice on display when displayed with the correct radio head set & microphone set

USN Talkers Helmet WW2USN Talkers Helmet WW2

I guess I am going to have to find one.
    chris

Quote by battle gear View Post
    the Talker helmet looks nice on display when displayed with the correct radio head set & microphone set

USN Talkers Helmet WW2USN Talkers Helmet WW2
    Is this your set? very nice if so.
    whats the head set model no. I'll look for a set
    Last edited by reneblacky; 03-04-2012 at 06:10 AM. Reason: added text

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Is this your set? very nice if so.
    whats the head set model no. I'll look for a set
    I wish I could find the original head set, it's not mine , they're hard to find

these photos show a USMC artillary crewman wearing a MKII Talker helmet during battles in Okinawa & Iwo Jima in the Pacific war
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USN Talkers Helmet WW2   USN Talkers Helmet WW2  

USN Talkers Helmet WW2  

I just saw one for sale US ebay.
    chris

I passed one up about a month ago, they wanted $75 for it, it was in pretty rough shape but the padding was still in place. There is another one at a local shop that I need to go back and look at, I was in a hurry and didn't take the time to ask the price, was not what I was there for.

I also picked up a rusted shell, a couple years ago, had no idea what it was, and posted it on here for identification. I have since cleaned it up and am in the process of restoring it. Did find a chin strap for it as well. I'll post photos if I ever finish it, going to try my hand at aging it so I might end up starting over a few times.

Russ

Quote by battle gear View Post
    I wish I could find the original head set, it's not mine , they're hard to find

these photos show a USMC artillary crewman wearing a MKII Talker helmet during battles in Okinawa & Iwo Jima in the Pacific war
    Is there any way we could see better detail of the head set.
    chris

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast