Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

value on USMCR helmet with info

Article about: Hey guys, its been a long while since ive been back on the forum but i can say that over the last year or teo ive been able to pick up alot of nice lids. One lid that ive had for a while now

Default value on USMCR helmet with info

Hey guys, its been a long while since ive been back on the forum but i can say that over the last year or teo ive been able to pick up alot of nice lids. One lid that ive had for a while now is a USMC helmet with a vietnam pot, ww2 liner, and ww2 cover. One side of the pot says the soldiers name and his service number, and the other says "2nd recon". I was curious about this and researched a bit and found some info on his service and even a photo. I was wondering what you guys think a fair value of this helmet is with the research it has now, thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture value on USMCR helmet with info   value on USMCR helmet with info  

It will not let me upload the info i found on the ver but if anyone is interested in seeing it to make an estimate on value i can find a way to send it to you.

to my knowledge the cover is 50's as it has a EGA

this is a ww2 cover that has the postwar ega on the front telling us it was used postwar. The covers that were actually made postwar have the "blue anchor co." stamp on one of the flaps.

I really like it.....
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

thanks!

Any other thoughts on value?

you should know it's not a thing done here

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    you should know it's not a thing done here
    I agree. I'm also a little perplexed that the question is coming from a M1 helmet collector with several years experience

Yes i know, in sorry about it, I know what the helmet could bring as is but have no idea what if any amount the addition of the vets info adds to it. I think later today i will post some of the new additions to the collection, its been a while since ive showed anything ive picked up on here

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast