Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Very Rare Inland Liner

Article about: Ebay. Much maligned, and rightly so in many cases. Every so often though, something will pop up that for a collector of such items will just leap out at you with it's rarity and it's overall

?

Default Very Rare Inland Liner

Ebay. Much maligned, and rightly so in many cases. Every so often though, something will pop up that for a collector of such items will just leap out at you with it's rarity and it's overall "rightness."
    This is one of those things, well for me anyway.
    A very rare and seldom seen M1 liner made by Inland. These liners and little rarities interest me more and more these days, more than all those painted lids even. It must be an age or impending senility thing.
    If anybody has one, or a similar one, I'd love to see it here.
    The seller is a well known collector:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very Rare Inland Liner   Very Rare Inland Liner  

Very Rare Inland Liner   Very Rare Inland Liner  

?

Default Re: Very Rare Inland Liner

Nice liner and good to see it with the strap, but I would not say "very rare" - more like "much less common", at least here in the states. If it were a para liner I would agree more with the "very rare" description.
    Regards,
    John

?

This one is a rarity as it is a "type 2" inland I believe, and as such was produced for only a few months in this configuration, from mid 1942 until the Autumn of the same year.
    I'm certain they are a little more common in the States than over here, and if you could find me a few, I'd be delighted!

Best Regards,

Andy

?

My reason for posting by the way, is that I'm considering a bid on this one, so all comments and criticisms are welcome.

Best Regards,

Andy

?

From where I'm sitting your Hood Rubber addition is a tougher find.

A quick initial impression of the Inland posted is the exterior looks repainted.

If reasonable (I suppose reasonable is somewhat subjective) I ts worth pursuing IMO........ Good luck!
    Regards,
    John

Now thats a great liner looks to be an early OD3 transitional type useing up old stock permanent chinstrap usually associated with rayon...also note these earlier liners have a darker semi-gloss look to them...before the main switching to the matt rough textured olive drab they we have come to know so well...best of luck Andy if you go for itcheers Jake.

looks good to me Andy.
    I hope you get it cheap old boy. but I think that double wire sweat band will bump it up as well.
    regards
    Rod