Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Vietnam ARVN Helmet or Fantasy Piece

Article about: Gentleman and possible lady, So, I picked this up in Kansas and granted it was a little out of my knowledge range I bought it on a gut feeling. So, not too much is invested in this. I've loo

Default Vietnam ARVN Helmet or Fantasy Piece

Gentleman and possible lady,
    So, I picked this up in Kansas and granted it was a little out of my knowledge range I bought it on a gut feeling. So, not too much is invested in this. I've looked at several of these online but they are all different patterns so I'm a little confused so I did do research before posting here. I'm sure these AVRN helmets are faked left and right. The liner is a Firestone and dated '76, which would be post-war so I'm more concerned about the helmet. Is the painted pattern correct or is this just made up? Thanks for your time and help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vietnam ARVN Helmet or Fantasy Piece   Vietnam ARVN Helmet or Fantasy Piece  

Vietnam ARVN Helmet or Fantasy Piece   Vietnam ARVN Helmet or Fantasy Piece  

Vietnam ARVN Helmet or Fantasy Piece   Vietnam ARVN Helmet or Fantasy Piece  

Think the paint looks kind of fresh doesn't it?doesn't seem to have any genuine age to it,shame too as it looks to be a KW McCord judging by the chinstrap hardware,total waste of a perfectly good serviceable Helm..................

I thought that at first that the paint looked fresh but a closer look shows age to it and thats where I'm kind of lost. If it is a modern paint then yeah it would be a shame. I'd try to remove some of the paint. I've seen some people do it and it turns out okay I just haven't done it yet.

?

This is a Repro ARVN helmet, I have seen this done so many times I am skeptical of any one them. The paint is rather fresh looking, if this one where real I would expect a large amount of wear

Okay Great. Thanks for your answers.