Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vietnam era M-1C, my last helmet purchase of 2010

Article about: davejb Hi Nick, nice lid, what date is the camo cover, mine is dated inside, ie the inside of the cover cheers mate the cover is an early twill cover before they started using DSA numbers so

?

Cool Vietnam era M-1C, my last helmet purchase of 2010

hiya guys

this is my last buy of 2010 a VN era M-1C it has a twill cover the liner is made by FIRESTONE & a bottle of bug juice not sure if this is real or repro ??
    Attached Images Attached Images Vietnam era M-1C, my last helmet purchase of 2010  Vietnam era M-1C, my last helmet purchase of 2010  Vietnam era M-1C, my last helmet purchase of 2010  Vietnam era M-1C, my last helmet purchase of 2010  Vietnam era M-1C, my last helmet purchase of 2010  Vietnam era M-1C, my last helmet purchase of 2010  Vietnam era M-1C, my last helmet purchase of 2010  Vietnam era M-1C, my last helmet purchase of 2010  Vietnam era M-1C, my last helmet purchase of 2010  Vietnam era M-1C, my last helmet purchase of 2010  Vietnam era M-1C, my last helmet purchase of 2010  Vietnam era M-1C, my last helmet purchase of 2010  Vietnam era M-1C, my last helmet purchase of 2010  Vietnam era M-1C, my last helmet purchase of 2010  Vietnam era M-1C, my last helmet purchase of 2010  Vietnam era M-1C, my last helmet purchase of 2010 

Default Re: Vietnam era M-1C, my last helmet purchase of 2010

Hi nick as always a nice helmet it looks a good buy, your collection is growing well i should think.
    i love the Vietnam lids but never got hold of a good one, ( Yet ). Have a great christmas
    all the best, dave.

?

cheers mate

its a good lid to end the year on one good thing about VN era lids they're easier & cheaper to find then WW2 ones

hope you & your family have a great Christmas & an even better new year

?

Hi Nick, nice lid, what date is the camo cover, mine is dated inside, ie the inside of the cover

Real nice lid. Thanks for posting. Rich

Nice Nick,

My M-1C has the same twill cover although mine is of earlier vintage. I do like the the bug repellent and am trying to locate one for my display.

Congrat's

Ty

?

Nice helmet.Insect Repellent is great! Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

Nice helmet, the bug repellent is a nice touch. I must get myself a nice Vietnam era helmet one day.

I must say though that I'm dubious about any of the helmet covers that exist now ever saw Vietnam for real. I doubt they would last a year of action, tropical heat, monsoon rain etc. A lot of photos I've seen show rather battered and filthy covers.

Have you any that you can actually say were in the 'Nam, Nick?

Nice lid The insect repellent is original, I have a bottle myself. There is an army surplus store about 10 min from my house. The owner is a Vietnam vet. He has a box full of the 60's dated insect repellent for like $4.00 a bottle!

Here's mine:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vietnam era M-1C, my last helmet purchase of 2010   Vietnam era M-1C, my last helmet purchase of 2010  

Vietnam era M-1C, my last helmet purchase of 2010   Vietnam era M-1C, my last helmet purchase of 2010  

Well, what are you waiting for ? Pick me up one and i'll send you the dough

rgds, Ty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast