Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

vietnam era m1 helmet

Article about: the mitchels cover is dated 1968, not 63. my bad.

?

Default vietnam era m1 helmet

this is my vietnam era m1 helmet. the mitchels cover and band came together on a different helmet from ww2 era. i put it on my early 70's helmet and liner to make it more original. looks like it belonged to private first class Dever. it appears to have some blood spatter stains on the side. looks like it has been sewn heavily in some areas for some reason. the cover is dated 1963. the liner ad shell came together. the liner is dated 1975- the shell is dated 1973 im guessing? this is the only one i have ever seen with yellow paint on the inside. it has a sand texture on it i beleve. ant ideas what (usch73) stand for? any one seen this marking before. any advice would be apreciated, if there is any more picks you would like let me know. thanks again guys!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture vietnam era m1 helmet   vietnam era m1 helmet  

vietnam era m1 helmet   vietnam era m1 helmet  

4md
    ?

Default Re: vietnam era m1 helmet

not sure about the yellow writing but i like the mitchell cover and band

?

the shell is not a US made version its whats known as a Euro clone possibly Belgian made.

?

thanks man good to know. i coulent tell the difference. does the 73 mean it was made in 1973?

?

im not really sure about that as i only collect US made M-1s & not their foreign made counter parts.

U SCH stands for:

Heinrich Ulbricht's Witwe, Schwanenstadt (Austrian helmet manufacturer) & yes that's the date

?

seems like one of the better clones, i only paid 15 for it and it looks just like an m1. same color and texture even, but its condition was a red flag. i had some knowledge of the clones before i went out, and i was sure it wasn't a Danish.

question. i have had several m1 helmets, American, and German now, ...none of them have had chinstraps long enough to connect behind the back. is this because the troops are cutting the threads off of the hook part of the chinstrap to make it longer? this has puzzled me for some time. thanks.

?

Quote by m1guy View Post
    seems like one of the better clones, i only paid 15 for it and it looks just like an m1. same color and texture even, but its condition was a red flag. i had some knowledge of the clones before i went out, and i was sure it wasn't a Danish.

question. i have had several m1 helmets, American, and German now, ...none of them have had chinstraps long enough to connect behind the back. is this because the troops are cutting the threads off of the hook part of the chinstrap to make it longer? this has puzzled me for some time. thanks.
    I collect M-1 helmets and without actually seeing the helmets its hard to say about your particular helmets. However, I have several mint unissued ww2 M-1's and I can say that the chin straps always seem too short to connect across the back of the helmet but the strap webbing will stretch and you can connect them with a lot of effort if the webbing is still strong. I have had quite a few of my helmets that i have had this experience with.

nice looking helmet and cover m1 guy shame about the lid not being genuine us made i have just sold a similar one with the usch ink stamp which i had owned for a long time i was niave back then thinking usch stood for united states i tralled the net on its origin but with no luck so thanks for clearing that up biker boy

?

German stuff is great and always well made, its a great representation. im gonna keep It. Rear seem helmets are common, no worries. thank you for all your comments, and the knowledge.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast