Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Vietnam era M1 helmet Parish division of the Dana Corporation CAPAC liner

Article about: Hi guys it's my birthday today and I picked up this lid today compliments of the wife for only £41 The guy I bought it off told me when he was over in the States he would buy them and bring

Default Vietnam era M1 helmet Parish division of the Dana Corporation CAPAC liner

Hi guys it's my birthday today and I picked up this lid today compliments of the wife for only £41 The guy I bought it off told me when he was over in the States he would buy them and bring them back for a project he was doing. Now he tells me he has around 25 more and when he comes back from travelling in October I can have my pick
    This helmet from what I can tell is made by the Parish Division of the Dana Corporation between October 1968 and August 1969 and a grand total of 1,862,160 being produced in two contract runs. These helmets can be recognised by the 4 small numbers stamped into the helmet (see pics).
    The liner a P55 model has the Westinghouse logo in the crown but after initial inspection I found a CAPAC impregnated label under the webbing with the year of manufacture 1956. This was the start of CAPACs involvement with P55 liner with its first contract being received in 1956. As for the Westinghouse mark this is common place from liners of this period. This is due to the various company's involved in liner production leasing the liner molds from the US government to produce liners. Hence the Westinghouse logo in this liner but the CAPAC label to identify it as a CAPAC manufactured liner.
    The Mitchell pattern helmet cover has the Contract No 9005 which dates to 1965.
    Thanks for looking guys and my next M1 should be arriving at the end of September
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vietnam era M1 helmet Parish division of the Dana Corporation CAPAC liner   Vietnam era M1 helmet Parish division of the Dana Corporation CAPAC liner  

Vietnam era M1 helmet Parish division of the Dana Corporation CAPAC liner   Vietnam era M1 helmet Parish division of the Dana Corporation CAPAC liner  

Vietnam era M1 helmet Parish division of the Dana Corporation CAPAC liner   Vietnam era M1 helmet Parish division of the Dana Corporation CAPAC liner  

Nice lid, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy Birthday mate,my heads spinning reading your intel Lol,glad i'm not a newbie would have changed to train spotting or something!i always get confused with the Parish and RG Stamping numbers!don't see many Capac p55 liners about,and in nice condition too,so got a number for this geezer then!

Hi Jake I can't wait to make contact with him again as he told me he had a lot of front seam helmets and various helmet covers that all have to go. He is storing them at his parents house which is literally 5 mins away in a car from where I live. I'm actually gonna hold my breath till he comes back. I'm glad now that I arranged a local pickup with him as we got chatting and I found out about the rest of his collection. When I was looking over the helmet at his place of work I was telling him who made the helmet and when it was made and I think he must've seen the passion in me when talking about it. He kept asking how I knew all this by looking at the contract numbers and stamps as he had no idea what he had That's when he offered to get back in touch with me and to let me have first pick on the helmets he had left. Its been a great birthday today

Hold the phone i've realized in the pic the heatstamp is at the rear below the seam!never seen that before Lol,only down the front wall so a new one on me Bud.just to add to your original description if i may is the fact that this Capac manufacturing corporation or CMC had no ties with its predecessors other than the fact they acquired the building and molds etc!they would eventually go out of business prior to completing there final contract in 1961.still yet another great set for us to view and count me in on the next deal Lol!glad your birthday was a good'on.