Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Vietnam ground troop infantry helmet no 1.

Article about: by FALLSCHIRMJAGER A great looking helmet Jake ,bang on as a good Vietnam era lid. I will just add these images of my one and only US M1 that may have been used in that period. It is a Capac

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    A great looking helmet Jake ,bang on as a good Vietnam era lid. I will just add these images of my one and only US M1 that may have been used in that period. It is a Capac M1 made in the early 50's with some rather "raunchy" art work on the cover. Whether or not that is original I do not know but it looks great!! Leon.Attachment 686076Attachment 686077Attachment 686078Attachment 686079Attachment 686080
    leon this cover is a work of art ,i guess you could even call it a semi relic if you catch my drift

?

Another stunning M1, You really don't see them in this kind of condition too often. You must have some impressive collection of fine M1's from different period's Jake. Always love it when you share them with us! Leon, I really like your example as well. Regardless of whether the art is original, It looks like someone has spent sometime on it and its very striking! Really impressive! I really like the Korean/Nam era lids with the same early pattern WW2 liners. Cheers, Sean.

Was it common for the soldiers to remove the nape strap? I see that yours has it but most of the ones I've seen don't.

Many seem to have the Nape missing as most found them more of a nuisance than anything,but I like mine displayed complete like they were originally intented to be.............
    With Regards Jake.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Many seem to have the Nape missing as most found them more of a nuisance than anything,but I like mine displayed complete like they were originally intented to be.............
    Yea I just bought one that was missing the nape.

First thing we used to do was pull the neck Nap out or some would referred to it as Parade Nap as it keeps the helmet straight they are a pain in the rear in the field especially at night trying to get your helmet on right. Just my experience. timothy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123