Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Vietnam ground troop infantry helmet no 1.

Article about: by FALLSCHIRMJAGER A great looking helmet Jake ,bang on as a good Vietnam era lid. I will just add these images of my one and only US M1 that may have been used in that period. It is a Capac

Default Vietnam ground troop infantry helmet no 1.

The first of a few Vietnam Era lids for your Inspection.....
    Last edited by ruddersrangers44; 05-10-2015 at 04:57 PM.

?

Hi Jake ,she's a beauty really like the details on this one, Westy / Shore Party marked liner , very nice indeed, and an early cover finishing it of.

Oh and the zippo is a nice touch too, look forward to seeing more

Thanx again buddy always count on you for positive feedback which is always nice,was going to put all the specs but with the kids around,aint got the energy at the mo,anything you need to know just ask away.

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Thanx again buddy always count on you for positive feedback which is always nice,was going to put all the specs but with the kids around,aint got the energy at the mo,anything you need to know just ask away.
    Your more than welcome,and yes I relate to the issue of kid's being around

Well I thought for future refererance I would break down the production info on my Helmets,The shell is an Ingersoll which was part of the Division of Borg-Warner Corporation,Chicago Illinois,For two years between 1965-1967 they produced almost two million Helmets all would be fitted with the North & Judd Anchor stamped chinstraps,the paint would still be olive drab no 319,the same as the McCord shells of the 50's.the Liner Produced by Westinghouse without a doubt the most famous and most successful of all Liner makers,especially the Micarta Division South Carolina as they produced the larger amount of ww2 liners plus all postwar liners.these p64 types made between 1964-1969 have a special history as the cotton duck tent that was used was actually ww2 surplus and were asked by the US Army to make good use,even though it was 6 ounce as opposed to the required 8 ounce,the Mitchell cover was produced by one of the many government contracted makers between 1964/65 this rare maker used the deep flap cut although this wasn't standardized until 1968........

Very nice lid!...

?

Sure is a nice one!......Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Real nice example had a free one just like it courtesy of my uncle uncle sam that is. timothy

Aww. It was in mint unissued condition until someone
    went and sanded the brim.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Aww. It was in mint unissued condition until someone
    went and sanded the brim.........

Sadly this is quite common in the UK, I have many M1's with the heatstamp revealed by this technique

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast