Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Vietnam Helmet? Can anyone tell me exactly what this is?

Article about: Hello I picked this helmet up at my local military surplus store. They werent exactly sure where it was from but had said it had been in the back for w while. I have some information on it a

?

Default Vietnam Helmet? Can anyone tell me exactly what this is?

Hello I picked this helmet up at my local military surplus store. They werent exactly sure where it was from but had said it had been in the back for w while.

I have some information on it and other helmets at;
    helmetcollectables.com

But I want to have other opinions before I come to a conclusion.
    Thank you for your time - William
    Vietnam Helmet? Can anyone tell me exactly what this is?Vietnam Helmet? Can anyone tell me exactly what this is?Vietnam Helmet? Can anyone tell me exactly what this is?Vietnam Helmet? Can anyone tell me exactly what this is?Vietnam Helmet? Can anyone tell me exactly what this is?Vietnam Helmet? Can anyone tell me exactly what this is?Vietnam Helmet? Can anyone tell me exactly what this is?Vietnam Helmet? Can anyone tell me exactly what this is?Vietnam Helmet? Can anyone tell me exactly what this is?Vietnam Helmet? Can anyone tell me exactly what this is?Vietnam Helmet? Can anyone tell me exactly what this is?Vietnam Helmet? Can anyone tell me exactly what this is?Vietnam Helmet? Can anyone tell me exactly what this is?Vietnam Helmet? Can anyone tell me exactly what this is?Vietnam Helmet? Can anyone tell me exactly what this is?

100% original Vietnam period US Infantry M1 Helmet,nice set to find in original issued field worn condition,well done will.

MAP
    ?

Nice one!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks for the information Ruddersrangers and MAP. Do you guys have any idea of the price range the sell for?
    Thanks again!
    William
    helmetcollectables.com

MAP
    ?

Prices vary depending where you live. I would assume in the US it would be cheaper. Euro they are harder to find.

I got mine in the early 80's. Think it was $10 or $20 or something.

Think Jake has a much better handle on prices, but a quick google search should give you an idea.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

If you want to sell it PM me I am interested. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Taken the average this would fetch about $75-$80 but with the right interest could make $100,these are now getting seriously sort after especially Ingersoll shells with original paint and Anchor stamped chinstrap hardware,really the Mitchell is the biggest bonus,the duck Twill or poplin covers are more favoured over duck cotton types.

The liner is dated 1967.
    The liner head band/sweat band is later.
    I cannot tell what year from your photos.
    It could be late or post war.
    Early VN helmet head bands had the writing on the opposite side.
    If you unfold the rear of the head band and take a pic of the writing I can probably tell you what year.
    Mitchell pattern cover is dated late 1964-early 1965 (unless it is a long flap cover which is hard to tell from your photos).
    Long flap covers are generally believed to be made 1969 and later.
    Nice set - I would probably replace the head band if I could locate a 66-68 head band.
    I agree with the price assessments above.
    I have seen them from $50-$100 range.