Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Vietnam issue M1,

Article about: Hi, This is my latest M1, my first vietnam issue helmet so hope theres more, I was happy to do a deal with a local guy at the boot sale i swopped it for a war merit cross with swords, as i h

Default Vietnam issue M1,

Hi,
    This is my latest M1, my first vietnam issue helmet so hope theres more, I was happy to do a deal with a local guy at the boot sale i swopped it for a war merit cross with swords, as i had two of them. Iv done a bit of research and found it to be a P64 liner but the shell is rear seem swival bail with korean war straps on, so a
    been ther done that helmet. appreciate your input.
    dave.

NCA
    ?

Default Re: Vietnam issue M1,

Looks good.Are there any heatstamp numbers on the inside brim of the shell?That could mean it might be a ww2 vintage lid reused..Intresting that the chinstraps are sewn on directly too.'Nam era lids usually have metal clips holding them on.Any markings on the sweatband?

Hi NCA,
    I forgot to say it is a late W.W. 2 issue shell and has Schlueter stamp in it, the shell still has the cork finish and is in good condition, i know the Nam straps are on metal clips but i am pleased that this one made through as most were taken off. I have M1,s from W.W.2 and korean war, so was pleased to get this one. Also the cross i swopped it for didnt cost me a thing so a very cheap helmet.
    dave.

NCA
    ?

Nice find for a carboot sale!You can read these things like a book sometimes...
    Nice to have the camo band too.

?

very nice mate & what a bonus that its a Schlueter made shell now what ya can do is whack on a Nam era cover & you'll be all set

Hi nick
    I thought the same it would be good all complete with a nice cover, i would like a nice salty one i think it would look great that way. It,s definately a keeper.
    dave.

?

shoot me a PM with your address & i'll send ya one ive got a few spare covers nice & salty & early ones as well

Hi nick,
    thanks mate PM sent,