Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

vietnam m1

Article about: hi folks here's my latest helmet id like to share im not sure of the markings on the front of the lid looks like white stripe's where removed ? the lid has the name hankins a-28 in pen what

Default vietnam m1

hi folks here's my latest helmet id like to share im not sure of the markings on the front of the lid looks like white stripe's where removed ? the lid has the name hankins a-28 in pen what this signifies i do not know also the headband has booker fosse in pen unfortunatly the nape strape and headband have dla stamp so must of been post war ,if anybody can shed some light that would be great regards james vietnam m1vietnam m1vietnam m1vietnam m1vietnam m1vietnam m1vietnam m1vietnam m1vietnam m1vietnam m1vietnam m1vietnam m1vietnam m1vietnam m1vietnam m1

Default Re: vietnam m1

very nice lid you got there looks good with the the repellant on the side thanks for sharing

thanks tom ,the lid appears to have been repainted at some time but where the paint has flaked off i can see a rough texture maybe sand or cork ? underneath in an olive colour could this of been a korean war lid

?

very nice NAM era M-1C can you see the heat stamp number its possible its either a late WW2 shell or maybe KW era shell being reused ?

thanks nic ive had a look under the rim but cant see any stamp jumping out at me the inner shell looks to of had a good thick dollop of paint on top of the original i will have to have a look in better light conditions the mitch cover looks a bit faded and worn but i think this adds to the originallity thanks again james

Looks really good!

?

Quote by col james View Post
    thanks nic ive had a look under the rim but cant see any stamp jumping out at me the inner shell looks to of had a good thick dollop of paint on top of the original i will have to have a look in better light conditions the mitch cover looks a bit faded and worn but i think this adds to the originallity thanks again james
    i wouldn't be to worried about the number from the profile of the shell it looks to be a low dome version so would be correct for NAM era

thanks nick ive had a message back from the prevous owner told me The steel pot as far as he know is a McCord radiator company example, post 1944 i have had a look under the rim in better light there looks like number 172A on the inside of the shell near the front were the peak is
    Last edited by James C; 11-29-2011 at 11:49 PM.

?

ok well that number is too short to be a WW2 McCORD made shell being that its a rear seamed swivel bail version its possible its another SCHLUETER shell but the S is either missing or be obscured by the paint ?

ok nick tbh im struggling to see the darn numbers but could make those 3 digits out in very bright light i will dig a little deeper to see if any more markings next to the number or if the S is filled with paint thanks again james

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast