Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vietnam M1 ?

Article about: well i posted this under heatstamp help. which was a silly title , but i ]was wondering does this look US vietnam to you ? i am asking so much cause i will sell it if its post vietnam .the h

Default vietnam M1 ?

well i posted this under heatstamp help. which was a silly title , but i ]was wondering does this look US vietnam to you ? i am asking so much cause i will sell it if its post vietnam .the heat stamp is 187 A .was also told when i took it in to the army surplus store its US vietnam but wanted to ask the professionals .cheers !

PS sorry for posting twice ! not my intention to spam or annoy .cheers !
    Attached Images Attached Images    

?

Default Re: vietnam M1 ?

to me it looks to be a 1950's shell that's been reissued so it could have easily been used during the 1960's.

ok thanks nic so its not a euro clone or anything from what you can see ? ,and is that the old paint you can see underneath the lighter green ? cheers

?

no mate its not a Euro clone, Euro clones don't have the heat stamp that US made M-1's have. from the shape i doesn't look like a low dome that's why im guessing 1950's probably been repainted many times through its life.

ok great thanks for the help nick ,one thing i found inside was this black stamp and it says inspection service and i can read a date of 1955 on it ,perhaps thats when it was made ? cheers

Well jumpy is it poss to show the stamp?very interested to see it as it would be the first one i have ever seen,regards Dave.

sure ill try get a good picture of it ,its slightly faded but still visible i was thinking it was a New zealand army stamp but i cant see a symbol to prove ,anyway ill have a picture up in the next few hours .cheers

?

think ive seen something like that before i'll see if i can find some pics.

1953...a vintage year for helmets? - HELMETS & PROTECTIVE GEAR - U.S. Militaria Forum
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011_0124M10008.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	427337  

I found the stamp on a website not in a book.there is no info regarding these stamps,were just a handful picked?or only ones that went through a certain criteria or just random checks by the quarter masters office,well here's the stamp enjoy,regards Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ameryk335.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	427338  

it looks exactly like those except it says 1955 .is it a USMC shell from the logo or just a random stamp ? and is that the date it was inspected "1955" ? cheers ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast