Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

vietnam M1 ?

Article about: well i posted this under heatstamp help. which was a silly title , but i ]was wondering does this look US vietnam to you ? i am asking so much cause i will sell it if its post vietnam .the h

Default vietnam M1 ?

well i posted this under heatstamp help. which was a silly title , but i ]was wondering does this look US vietnam to you ? i am asking so much cause i will sell it if its post vietnam .the heat stamp is 187 A .was also told when i took it in to the army surplus store its US vietnam but wanted to ask the professionals .cheers !

PS sorry for posting twice ! not my intention to spam or annoy .cheers !
    Attached Images Attached Images vietnam M1  ?  vietnam M1  ?  vietnam M1  ? 

?

Default Re: vietnam M1 ?

to me it looks to be a 1950's shell that's been reissued so it could have easily been used during the 1960's.

ok thanks nic so its not a euro clone or anything from what you can see ? ,and is that the old paint you can see underneath the lighter green ? cheers

?

no mate its not a Euro clone, Euro clones don't have the heat stamp that US made M-1's have. from the shape i doesn't look like a low dome that's why im guessing 1950's probably been repainted many times through its life.

ok great thanks for the help nick ,one thing i found inside was this black stamp and it says inspection service and i can read a date of 1955 on it ,perhaps thats when it was made ? cheers

Well jumpy is it poss to show the stamp?very interested to see it as it would be the first one i have ever seen,regards Dave.

sure ill try get a good picture of it ,its slightly faded but still visible i was thinking it was a New zealand army stamp but i cant see a symbol to prove ,anyway ill have a picture up in the next few hours .cheers

?

think ive seen something like that before i'll see if i can find some pics.

1953...a vintage year for helmets? - HELMETS & PROTECTIVE GEAR - U.S. Militaria Forum
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture vietnam M1  ?  

I found the stamp on a website not in a book.there is no info regarding these stamps,were just a handful picked?or only ones that went through a certain criteria or just random checks by the quarter masters office,well here's the stamp enjoy,regards Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture vietnam M1  ?  

it looks exactly like those except it says 1955 .is it a USMC shell from the logo or just a random stamp ? and is that the date it was inspected "1955" ? cheers ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast