Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vietnam M1 Helmet

Article about: This does really annoy me the destruction of a perfect good "mitchell cover"these are so desirible to collect on there own,especially the early ones,there's a few threads on the fo

Default Vietnam M1 Helmet

Had some fun at the antique malls this past weekend. First antique mall I went to had this Vietnam helmet liner. The liner is a Westinghouse and appears to have been painted several times post war but the suspension was in good shape and it had the soldiers name and social on the sweatband, can't make out the last name though. The liner looks like it is dated September 19, 1962 and the sweatband is dated 1969. The price was too good for me to pass up.

Next antique mall I went to happened to have a M1 shell with a mitchell cover. The cover is in pretty rough shape but I like the character. It is a short-flap and dated 1964. The shell looks to have original paint and sand texture.

If anyone could find any information on the soldier the owned the liner that would be awesome. But I already spent about 2 hours looking on the internet and turned up nothing lol. Anyways thanks for looking.

Default Re: Vietnam M1 Helmet

Great looking complete Mid-60's NAM lid,very well done,regards minnie.

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    Great looking complete Mid-60's NAM lid,very well done,regards minnie.
    Thanks. Vietnam helmets don't seem to be that hot right now so they are not selling too high and can be had fairly cheap. Still a nice piece of history none the less and I would suspect would only go up in value.

The story over here in the UK is completely the opposite there through the roof on prices,totally mental,there not coming up so much now and as a result when they do surface well enough said,regards minnie.

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    The story over here in the UK is completely the opposite there through the roof on prices,totally mental,there not coming up so much now and as a result when they do surface well enough said,regards minnie.
    That's interesting, I see quite a few Vietnam helmets on ebay that either sell pretty cheap or never get any bids on them.

?

Nice helmet lad.

Had a look on "EBAY UK" there is just one complete nam lid?then looked on "EBAY USA"about 20 or so.a bit of a differance i think,hence why the huge differance in the wanting and the cost,minnie.

nice helmet mate

That,s a nice helmet,as minnie has said,here in the UK these lids are very desirable and getting tough to get hold of(unless you want one that some idiot has scralled "BORN TO KILL" on.) I live here in norfolk UK,and as teenagers we loved running around the NORFOLK BROADS where belive it or not KUBRICK filmed some of the "vietnam" scenes for FULL METAL JACKET! Strange choice of location!!

i have come across so many camos with "born to kill " on it that its just crazy now haha ,nice camo you have though man .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast