Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Vietnam period U.S. Navy M1 helmet

Article about: I have here what I believe to be a U.S. Navy M1 produced by ingersol the stamp number being 1 0241 (correct me if I'm wrong). The colour looks white on the pics but it is a pale blue colour.

Default Vietnam period U.S. Navy M1 helmet

I have here what I believe to be a U.S. Navy M1 produced by ingersol the stamp number being 1 0241 (correct me if I'm wrong). The colour looks white on the pics but it is a pale blue colour. The liner is an M58 liner produced by marmac see liner stamp markings. The liner and pot are Vietnam period pieces. At the moment it has a late Korean to early Vietnam helmet cover over it with a repro rubber helmet band. I have a couple of more Vietnam helmets to put up soon. Thanks for looking guys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vietnam period U.S. Navy M1 helmet   Vietnam period U.S. Navy M1 helmet  

Vietnam period U.S. Navy M1 helmet   Vietnam period U.S. Navy M1 helmet  

nice vietnam navy lid, i like it without the cover on. Ive got the exact same thing but different manufacturers and the back of the helmet has numbers from a gunner

Default Vietnam era navy used helmet

The grey painted helmets were used by the coastal patrol swift boats like this sailor in the photo in Vietnam.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vietnam period U.S. Navy M1 helmet   Vietnam period U.S. Navy M1 helmet  

The guy in the photo is wearing a WWII surplus helmet - you can tell by the chinstraps (sewn on).

Nice Nam era Lid Red,good to see members knowing there stuff too,just another 70 Lids to get round to showing..............