Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vietnam War era helmet?

Article about: WOW thats one rare liner bro!!!!!keep hold of it,dave

?

Default Vietnam War era helmet?

Greetings. I received this helmet twelve years ago and I do not know much about it. I was told it is a Vietnam war US Army helmet. Obviously, someone put an Eighties helmet cover on there. Even though I've had the helmet for years, I never took it apart. When I did yesterday to take the photos, I saw that at one time an owner wrote his name, "John Baker", on the inside shell.
    Please let me know what you think of the helmet and any tech info you might have. I also have another one dated 1964 (at least, that what I can make out) that I will post later.

Vietnam War era helmet?Vietnam War era helmet?Vietnam War era helmet?Vietnam War era helmet?Vietnam War era helmet?Vietnam War era helmet?Vietnam War era helmet?Vietnam War era helmet?Vietnam War era helmet?Vietnam War era helmet?Vietnam War era helmet?Vietnam War era helmet?Vietnam War era helmet?Vietnam War era helmet?Vietnam War era helmet?

?

Default Re: Vietnam War era helmet?

Liner & Chinstraps are 80's too, if I'm not mistaken.

Nitram

The cover is for a PASGT helmet, identifyable by the way its constructed and the strips of material on the inside with the velcro on the end, supposed to attach to the liner of the PASGT which is similar to the one seen in M1 helmets.

?

Thanks both for info. Everything does look a bit eighties on this lid except for the steel pot.

Here is the other helmet I was talking about.

Vietnam War era helmet?Vietnam War era helmet?Vietnam War era helmet?Vietnam War era helmet?Vietnam War era helmet?Vietnam War era helmet?Vietnam War era helmet?Vietnam War era helmet?Vietnam War era helmet?

?

I use the "look for the Anchor mark on the chinstrap hardwear" method to identify a 'Nam helmet. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

With the second helmet, the shell is WWII, front seam helmet. Liner is vietnam war era, missing a sweatband and a nape strap.

Nitram

?

WW2 front seam issue, swivel bale, later overpaint, has stress cracks often seen on WW2 helmets. Chinstrap is the after 1945 "ball and claw" T1, used through Korea and Vietnam. I think the liner would be 1984 if that is an ESA printed after it, not 100% on that though.

Best Regards,

Andy.

Edit: The second one!
    Last edited by aj4010; 06-14-2012 at 06:25 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

im by no means an expert on these lids but i would say the first m1 is a mccord korean war era shell so would of been used in nam the liner and chinstrap look to be more modern and possibly canadian the second m1 looks very interesting it looks like it has iraqi sand coloured paint so maybe a reused gulf war lid thats my opinion anyway cheers james

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    WW2 front seam issue, swivel bale, later overpaint, has stress cracks often seen on WW2 helmets. Chinstrap is the after 1945 "ball and claw" T1, used through Korea and Vietnam. I think the liner would be 1984 if that is an ESA printed after it, not 100% on that though.

Best Regards,

Andy.
    Looks like 1964 to me like Srdj said

I also think the desert sand painted M1 could be from the middle east, it could be from IRAQ or maybe ISRAEL?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast