Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VN era Airborne M1 helmet.

Article about: Hi Guys My latest post, VN Airborne M1. Enjoy!! Gaz.

Default VN era Airborne M1 helmet.

Hi Guys

My latest post, VN Airborne M1.

Enjoy!!

Gaz.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture VN era Airborne M1 helmet.   VN era Airborne M1 helmet.  

VN era Airborne M1 helmet.   VN era Airborne M1 helmet.  

VN era Airborne M1 helmet.  

ronl
    ?

Default Re: VN era Airborne M1 helmet.

Nice VN helmet, especially one that's complete. It's getting harder to find complete helmets these days.

Quote by ronl View Post
    Nice VN helmet, especially one that's complete. It's getting harder to find complete helmets these days.
    Hi Ronl.

Thanks, i agree they are getting harder to find, at last they are being recognised for their historical value!!!

Thanks for your comments

Cheers

Gaz

?

Great Vietnam era AB Lid. You might want to hold onto that one, it won't be but about ten years before these AB helmets go the way of the WWII helmet in price.

Quote by Bugme View Post
    Great Vietnam era AB Lid. You might want to hold onto that one, it won't be but about ten years before these AB helmets go the way of the WWII helmet in price.
    Thanks, this one is a particular fave of mine, and hopefully I will still have it in 10 years or so.....

?

Now I know how my Dad and uncles felt when I was hitting them up for their military stuff from WWII. I still can't see stuff that was being issued to US military in the 60's as collectable.
    I have one field jacket from a friend that was special forces when he taught at Ft. Bragg and a green beret that he wore in VN in 64. He did 6 tours in Nam and a year in Laos. I have 3 field jackets and 2 pairs of pants and jungle boots that he used in Thailand while guarding spook radio stations and fighting communists in another unkown war. And good old Cliff Mitchels Nav Av flight helmet and jacket when he was the enlisted half of a A6 birds flight crew. Hell he flew several hundred missions over the years in Nam.
    I have kept the stuff from when they retired from the military and gave it to me. I never ever thought about it being collectable. I kept it because they were good friends that I served with at different times.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Now I know how my Dad and uncles felt when I was hitting them up for their military stuff from WWII. I still can't see stuff that was being issued to US military in the 60's as collectable.
    I have one field jacket from a friend that was special forces when he taught at Ft. Bragg and a green beret that he wore in VN in 64. He did 6 tours in Nam and a year in Laos. I have 3 field jackets and 2 pairs of pants and jungle boots that he used in Thailand while guarding spook radio stations and fighting communists in another unkown war. And good old Cliff Mitchels Nav Av flight helmet and jacket when he was the enlisted half of a A6 birds flight crew. Hell he flew several hundred missions over the years in Nam.
    I have kept the stuff from when they retired from the military and gave it to me. I never ever thought about it being collectable. I kept it because they were good friends that I served with at different times.
    Hi.

To be honest i'm not really bothered about how much these type of helmets are worth ( now or in the future), to me they worth more than financial gain, when I consider who may have worn this lid, and the sacrifice's they made wearing it, then makes it all the more important to collect em!!

But then to be fair ,people are starting to collect Desert storm/ Iraqi lids too, in 40-60 years time ,collectors may well be raving about how cool a PASGT is, or some imported South Korean lid some Iraqi squaddie was wearing back in the day...
    It's karma ,what goes around -comes around.

Good point's made though, take it easy

?

all militaria from what ever era it may be from is collectible in one way or another depending on your collecting preferences but some people are in it for the money some people are in it for the history the former are the types i cant stand as they but this stuff horde it away to never see the light of day again in the hope that it will be worth a fortune in the future

Quote by NickD View Post
    all militaria from what ever era it may be from is collectible in one way or another depending on your collecting preferences but some people are in it for the money some people are in it for the history the former are the types i cant stand as they but this stuff horde it away to never see the light of day again in the hope that it will be worth a fortune in the future
    I agree with your comments Nick.
    Again, for me it's not about the money, but i would be a hypocrite if i said that, i am not chuffed when i get a bargain piece!!

One man's s***e is another mans gold, some people collect all sort's of weird stuff, who's to say it's not collectable!!!

But everyones entitled to their opinions !!

Gaz

just out of curiosity, how much is a helmet like this one worth? how much do you think it will be worth in 10 years?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast