Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Vn era US M1 and Us M1 training helmet??

Article about: The chinstrap on the back of the first helmet says Death before dishonor if anyone is wondering. Dont really know much about both of them, any help is appreciated

Default Vn era US M1 and Us M1 training helmet??

The chinstrap on the back of the first helmet says Death before dishonor if anyone is wondering. Dont really know much about both of them, any help is appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vn era US M1 and Us M1 training helmet??   Vn era US M1 and Us M1 training helmet??  

?

Default Re: Vn era US M1 and Us M1 training helmet??

more pics would be good any of the inside do they have liners is there any heat stamp numbers on the inside of the front as not all of these style helmets are US made ???

Quote by NickD View Post
    more pics would be good any of the inside do they have liners is there any heat stamp numbers on the inside of the front as not all of these style helmets are US made ???
    I know the one with the white line on the back has the number of 073 but the other does not due to a repaint at some point (I think) I'll take more pictures within the hour

Quote by NickD View Post
    Cant upload the pics, the blurred out number for the 2nd helmet is 31-, for the 1st is 45A

They could be late war M1's ,if they are rear seam. If they are US (the heat stamp will prove this) this could date them around Nov 1944-Aug 1945.

Quote by gaz232sqn View Post
    They could be late war M1's ,if they are rear seam. If they are US (the heat stamp will prove this) this could date them around Nov 1944-Aug 1945.
    Both are rearseam Im guessing the heat stamps are 45A is the number in the dark green one the light green one is 31-. Dont know what they are for though

?

if you could post some better pic's of each one it would be a great help also whats the texture of the paint finish like on them ????

Quote by NickD View Post
    if you could post some better pic's of each one it would be a great help also whats the texture of the paint finish like on them ????
    I wish I could put better pics up but my phone and camera dont take the best pics, The texture of the paint is kind rough and bumpy