Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

W.W.2 U.S.M.C . Camo Helmet Covers

Article about: The covers are W.W.2 with post war applied EGA emblem. The 3 covers with foilage slits are 1953 dated. These have the EGA applied also. Rich A. in Pa.

?

Default Re: W.W.2 U.S.M.C . Camo Helmet Covers

The covers are W.W.2 with post war applied EGA emblem. The 3 covers with foilage slits are 1953 dated. These have the EGA applied also. Rich A. in Pa.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I kind of favour the 'brown' side out as well, and have yet
    to aquire one - I have a later 1960's type.

Rich, do you have pots for them to go on ?
    Walckwolf, bad as I hate to say it, I had to buy 2 helmets with the covers on ebay. , the only good thing is one of them was HBT. the other was 2nd pattern. maybe it wasn't 2nd pattern. I forget things a lot, but it doesn't have any slits, maybe it's a fake repro, it is in good shape though.
    Last edited by crazy horse; 11-27-2010 at 08:36 PM.

?

You have a 2nd Pattern cover? With the sewn holes for the chinstrap in HBT?No foilage slits? 3rd Pattern has foilage slits if I remember correct.Please post your 2nd.Pattern. Mine are 1st.Pattern and 3rd. Pattern 1953 dated.You got them from e-bay? Do not want to know what you paid. Mine were only $3 each.Now they are over $400. I got 16 W.W.2 type and 5 1953 from my friend. This is all I kept for myself.The rest my friends got for cost. Rich A. in Pa.

Quote by rra227 View Post
    You have a 2nd Pattern cover? With the sewn holes for the chinstrap in HBT?No foilage slits? 3rd Pattern has foilage slits if I remember correct.Please post your 2nd.Pattern. Mine are 1st.Pattern and 3rd. Pattern 1953 dated.You got them from e-bay? Do not want to know what you paid. Mine were only $3 each.Now they are over $400. I got 16 W.W.2 type and 5 1953 from my friend. This is all I kept for myself.The rest my friends got for cost. Rich A. in Pa.
    Rich you got a deal, no the 2nd one I bought I don't think it is hbt, but it has no slits in it. I would have to go dig them out, because they are put up with all my helmets, not feeling to great right now & I don't have the hook up for the wifes camera to post pic's, when I feel a little better, I will take a look, but I bought 6 MITCHELL covers pretty cheap, got them yesterday & he sent me 9 . I only had 3 lids with no cover, so I have 6 extra now. any way the USMC covers are my favorite. take care.
    Marty

?

Hope you feel better. I just had surgery so I understand.Staples hurt when I move.The guy I got these from sold me Mitchell pattern covers 13 for $10. Rich A. in Pa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2