Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Westinghouse liner, ww2 or post?

Article about: Good evening all, Does anybody have an opinion on whether this is a ww2 or post war liner? It has the Westinghouse mark in the crown and also the Micarta sticker with what I can make out as

Default Westinghouse liner, ww2 or post?

Good evening all,
    Does anybody have an opinion on whether this is a ww2 or post war liner? It has the Westinghouse mark in the crown and also the Micarta sticker with what I can make out as 19??, I think it says 1952 but it's really not clear. The webbing looks to be olive green which I understand would make it a post war Korea era but what is throwing me is that it has the insignia eyelet, did they have these post war? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom.Westinghouse liner, ww2 or post?Westinghouse liner, ww2 or post?Westinghouse liner, ww2 or post?Westinghouse liner, ww2 or post?

Hello Tommy,all Korean made liners which were contracted for between 1951-1954 had the front Grommet and all carried olive drab no7 shade hbt webbing,only Westinghouse and Capac produced liners during this time frame,only after 1955 was the front grommet dropped,but all postwar liner webbing carry the same od7 colour,regardless of whether its a 1950's or 1980's made liner...............

Thanks rudders, that's cleared that up. When I was stripping the paint off I uncovered some insignia which I understand was more common for the Korean era. It's a learning process for me!

Certainly is a learning kerb,one which continuely developes,just when you think you have it correct something always comes along and makes you re-think the whole collecting and manufacturing process.