Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Westinghouse transitional fixed bale helmet.

Article about: The first of two Helmets purchased from a 25 year collection that was broken up and sold off by the owner,I felt they needed to have a good home. This was shown in "my ww2 m1 collection

Default Westinghouse transitional fixed bale helmet.

The first of two Helmets purchased from a 25 year collection that was broken up and sold off by the owner,I felt they needed to have a good home.
    This was shown in "my ww2 m1 collection to date" but I felt it should have a thread of its own.
    Early McCord with heat lot 198A with dimple on rim.
    Raised Brass Buckle and milled J hook.
    Rayon transitional westinghouse liner.with steel unpainted triangle A washers.
    Rayon sweatband with slight mothing but nothing too serious.
    Khaki later type Nape.
    Green 3rd pattern removable leather chinstrap hardware.
    Has that honest worn look i absolutely crave.
    Excuse my photography the pics don't do it justice.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Westinghouse transitional fixed bale helmet.   Westinghouse transitional fixed bale helmet.  

Westinghouse transitional fixed bale helmet.   Westinghouse transitional fixed bale helmet.  

Westinghouse transitional fixed bale helmet.   Westinghouse transitional fixed bale helmet.  

?

Nice M-1 Jake and one I would quite happily display in my collection as you well know I as well really like that been there done that look as well in my helmets .
    I could not help notice the position of the stress crack under the fixed bail an odd place to see this phenomena and a first for me they are much more predominant on the back of the shell IMO just adds to this example .

Regards Mark

Hi Mark thanx for taking a look,I did own another which to had a large stress crack in exactly the same place but this is the only one on this particular Helmet,strange indeed,as you said normally to the rear................

?

Beautiful example Jake, I really like the wear on this example and your photo's do it justice from my viewing

Textbook. A great example, Jim G.

Thanks guys for the comments and likes...............

?

That is a great example buddy.

Beautiful example,, not sure where you unearth these buddie but hats off, i will sometime lay my hands on a untouched beaut,,
    the search goes on.

These two steve from uk ebay where else my friendnot very often im hasten to add,but when a collection get sold off you have to move or miss the bus so to speak,thanks for popping in............