Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Where have all the M1s gone?

Article about: Get posting people Have a great Weekend - Zach

Default Where have all the M1s gone?

Get posting people Have a great Weekend - Zach

I'll start us off with a few of my most recent pickups.

Up first is a post WWII Damage control helmet. Not in the best condition but I thought it was interesting

Next is an early FS/FB with Inland liner. The liner webbing and sweatband aren't in the best condition but it's a matching set. Wish I knew what the numbers meant but I assume it was either for training or maybe USN/USCG use.

Last but certainly not least is a MP helmet. Based on the markings I think it started out as a late/post WWII MP helmet and saw use up through the late 50s/early 60s. I beleive the helmet started out life as a FB helmet before being repaired with swivel bails and given the earlier green hardware crimp on chinstraps. There are actually 3 sets of MP markings on this one, the large style MP markings that can be seen through the over paint, a smaller, yellow set of MP markings, and the top most white MP markings. The helmet also has at least two bands, a red band painted over an older yellow band, but there may be a third, white band under the repaint. It is also named under the repaint to a Ralph Jeninks. There is also a serial number painted inside the helmet which I'm still working on deciphering. I'm hopeful that I can get a positive ID on this one once I figure out the full serial number.
    Where have all the M1s gone? Where have all the M1s gone?

here you can see the remnants of the yellow MP marking underneath the white

Here's the overpainted name and what I've been able to make out so far.
    Where have all the M1s gone? Where have all the M1s gone?

I feel like I’ve seen most of these for sale. Haha. And the USMF Stencil one. I liked that one a lot and almost grabbed it. I would say Navy too. Thanks for sharing friend. I’ve posted my 5 on here in various posts. I’ll take a collection pic later today to add to the thread and fill the M1 void

Old Ralphie Jenkins? He strikes again? Don’t pay attention to that. That guy just runs around putting his name on peoples helmets. Not even a vet I don’t think.

No. That helmets cool. The perfect M1 story as it seems. A long service life and went through many permutations. Cool piece for sure

Here are mine from left .....
    WW2 Front Seam Fixed Loop w MSA Liner (Set Stenciled Name)
    WW2 Front Seam Fixed Loop w Inland Liner
    KW 2nd LT Set (50s Capac Liner)
    KW Front Seam 3rd ID Parade Helmet (No Liner)
    VN Helmet w (Marmac Liner... Cover was bought separately from a man who had 100 original VN covers from Ft Dix, it has an illustration of cherries on the Jungle Camo side)

Z

Couple of mine.

I've only got three M1's and they're all pretty basic, but I like them a lot. The first one is a WW2 fixed bail with a British net and late war liner, the second is a Korean/Vietnam war shell which was refurbished with the 80's chinstrap and has a beat up paratrooper liner. The third is a WW2 front seam swivel bail that was repainted for Korea, this one is actually my first helmet and last year I bought some Vietnam era parts to "restore" it. The liner in this one has "FACR" written in it (no idea what it means). I'd really like to get a WW2 M1 with a frog skin cover since they're my favorite version of the M1 next to a basic netted example, but I haven't been able to find one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Where have all the M1s gone?   Where have all the M1s gone?  

Where have all the M1s gone?   Where have all the M1s gone?  

@Rene I’m loving that Navy and also that net on that M1 there. Rene’s “House of Helms” Can charge the locals for a tour. And Can serve Fosters oil cans or Victoria bitter LOL

@Politefaun digging the net as well. Good one. And that zippo is great Cool pic

I have been keeping a file of D Day pics lately (Yea I know. Nerd alert). And It seems the Rangers nets are like these examples. Not the shrimp Ones. Not the cargo net ones.

Great collections dudes. Thanks for sharing

Also Rene what’s that paper mache looking cover on that one? Some VN one I haven’t seen b4?

Quote by PaddyD00 View Post
    Also Rene what’s that paper mache looking cover on that one? Some VN one I haven’t seen b4?
    That be a not too common Australian salad, 70's approx? not much known about these as with Aust M1's.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast