Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Why does schlueter's m1 helmet look different than mccords?

Article about: I know that there is a sleight difference in character between the two but why ? I mean they are both considered the m1 helmet. So did schlueter just decide to make it look different or did

Default Why does schlueter's m1 helmet look different than mccords?

I know that there is a sleight difference in character between the two but why ? I mean they are both considered the m1 helmet. So did schlueter just decide to make it look different or did they do it for a reason. I'm just very curious. Also was it rare for the schlueter helmet to see combat because it was out numbered by its cousin McCord ?

Here's a pic of schlueter & McCord side by side. schlueters on left mccords on right

Why does schlueter's m1 helmet look different than mccords?

Default Re: Why does schlueter's m1 helmet look different than mccords?

Hi Dom,i don't think there was any specific reason for the helmets having the variation in slope and height other than the factories both had there own individual approved specifications.That said the shallower lid was the design that stood the test of time all the way through to the 80's.

I'm pretty sure it all boils down to the helmets being made at different factories on different machines. I assume they got them as close as possible, but getting them to be exact was nearly impossible.

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Dom,i don't think there was any specific reason for the helmets having the variation in slope and height other than the factories both had there own individual approved specifications.That said the shallower lid was the design that stood the test of time all the way through to the 80's.
    All the way to the early 90's We still used them in Denmark up until '93 i think.

Regards, Lars

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    I think they were schlueter and McCord wartime pots were the same height am I correct, but I think the shape was slightly different. But I just wanted to know why, was just thinking it to my self lol and I said might as well ask a bunch of experts