Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

WW2 first pattern USMC cover

Article about: There was a mint M1 helmet and first pattern cover with EGA that sold on Ebay earlier today for \\$761.22 US. There were 39 bids.........

Default re: WW2 first pattern USMC cover

There was a mint M1 helmet and first pattern cover with EGA
    that sold on Ebay earlier today for $761.22 US.
    There were 39 bids.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Default re: WW2 first pattern USMC cover

very very nice MO - I am a sucker for the camo covers and netting - I just got a 2nd pattern and a few other M1's - will show today

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    They are pretty sexy.

Here's mine

?

Default Re: WW2 first pattern USMC cover

Why not get the USMC cover with the mosquito net? As I said over at the USMF, " Every bit as correct on a WW2 Marine helmet"-and they are-seen in photos from Tarawa to the end of the war,and beyond. You can't hardly give them away on ebay,yet the HBT covers go for hundreds of dollars.

?

Quote by boyt44 View Post
    Why not get the USMC cover with the mosquito net? As I said over at the USMF, " Every bit as correct on a WW2 Marine helmet"-and they are-seen in photos from Tarawa to the end of the war,and beyond. You can't hardly give them away on ebay,yet the HBT covers go for hundreds of dollars.

i have one of this type as well a much cheaper alternative then the first or second pattern & much easier to come by as well

?

well here's the cover on a WW2 fixed bail M-1
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 first pattern USMC cover   WW2 first pattern USMC cover  

WW2 first pattern USMC cover   WW2 first pattern USMC cover  

WW2 first pattern USMC cover   WW2 first pattern USMC cover  

WW2 first pattern USMC cover  

?

Looks nice. Camo 'chute piece is a great backround choice. I have 1 of my marked covers beach side out also. You now have to find another cover to do jungle side out. For balance of course. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

cheers Rich

i have got a 1950's dated version that i display with the jungle side out Ive also got the type with the mosquito netting as well which is displayed on the same stand

There's a guy selling a camo cover with the slits in already at $300 who claims that contrary to popular belief the first-pattern covers were manufactured with slits in, and later covers did not?? He even provides copies of official documentation to back up his claim.

Below is a link to the listing on e-bay. What do you guys think about this? By the way, I like the camo/mozzy net cover's as a much cheaper alternative. 185 already,good grief.

WWII USMC Frogskin Camouflage Helmet Cover Original and NAMED | eBay

?

as far as im aware no slits were the first pattern & if you read the document he's provided it says nothing about the slits so i don't believe the two documents he's provided are the same date just another seller trying to hype it up to something its not but what he dose have there is a good second pattern cover.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123